Borough Market now open Thursday 11-5

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 23 August 2007 10.28am
...according to this week's Time Out, and their new website confirms:

http://www.boroughmarket.org.uk/
Thursday 23 August 2007 10.31am
Is this to be ongoing?
Thursday 23 August 2007 10.39am
I'm not sure how it differs from what has been happening on Thursdays for ages. A small but significant number of stalls have been operating on Thursdays for months/years.

Understandably the trustees want to raise awareness of Thursday trading, but their press release earlier this month presented it as a new thing, which I thought was slightly misleading (though obvious makes a better story for the likes of Time Out).

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 23 August 2007 10.43am
ahh but today the Pork Pie man is here which he never usually is.Also they are filming that awful Borough Market kitchen show.
Thursday 23 August 2007 10.47am
James Hatts wrote:
their press release earlier this month presented it as a new thing, which I thought was slightly misleading

Quite, and not the first example of the Trustees being a bit slow on the uptake.....
Thursday 23 August 2007 1.17pm
I've been shopping there in Thursdays for ages.
Thursday 23 August 2007 5.56pm
Thursdays used to be the only day to do proper shopping there, since the market became a tourist destination on Fridays and Saturdays. It is rather a pity that this press release will probably turn Thursday into the same hectic event. But, many useful stalls are open all week, which is great.
Thursday 23 August 2007 6.02pm
I know some of the shops around the edges are open every day, but I assumed the recent Thursday announcement was something more significant. Ah well. Looking forward to Wednesday next.
Thursday 23 August 2007 8.38pm
Great! Another day when the area is mobbed by tourists. Recently, it's been as bad, if not worse at times than Piccadilly Circus. Food, food everywhere, but not a crumb I can afford. More M&S Food stores than probably any square mile outside the square mile, more organic food, lakes of asses milk to bathe in, an entire feast of epicurean delights, but at the same time you can't find a single potato, onion or carrot at Tesco at the Elephant at times and the only thing Sainsbury's has is an overpriced bag of Charlottes. They're great for salads the bag says.... Unfortunately I wanted mash.
Thursday 23 August 2007 10.33pm
I noticed some of the stalls chees ect selling on Thursday about a year and a half ago.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network