Wall-mounted TVs

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 23 August 2007 2.37pm
Hello,

I am buying a flat screen TV, and was wondering if anyone knows who I can contact to mount it? I asked the shop, but they say their workers will charge 250 just to come to the flat and quote me on the installation price.

I live in Shad Thames area
Thursday 23 August 2007 4.18pm
try Richer Sounds.I bought a wall mount (but not the TV) there.They gave me great advice on how to mount it and i am A total DIY novice. BTW it's still up 6 months later !
Thursday 23 August 2007 5.01pm
um, I'm a female... and the tv is goin to big, so I don't think there is any chance of me putting it up myself.

Where is this Richer Sounds and do you know if they have people who could come and put it up for me?
Thursday 23 August 2007 5.16pm
I looked into getting mine wall-mounted, and it was going to be 400. The brackets alone seem to cost a small fortune. I've ended up with my TV on a stand on a table - not my dream, but not a hardship. Richer Sounds is in the really grotty concrete precinct called London Bridge Walk.
Thursday 23 August 2007 5.21pm
I have the TV stand, which going to be the 'wall' fo the TV. Its a big wooden construction with the hole for the TV to be mounted, and a place for all the wires.

It just seems rediculous to pay 250 for someone to come over and say ' yes the tv will have to mounted on this stand and the wires will go here'

Longlaner, where did you get the quote for the mounting?
Thursday 23 August 2007 7.50pm
Assuming that you can lift the T.V, even for just few moments, and it's not being mounted in some silly position, like above a fireplace (daftest place on earth for such a thing as a TV unless you stand on a table to watch it), mounting it on the wall really isn't a big lifting job. You fix one bit of the mount to the wall and the other bits to the T.V. and hook the TV over the bracket. The actual lifting bit is sorted in a matter of seconds.
Thursday 23 August 2007 7.52pm
Yulia, I had my plasma screen wallmounted by Inside Out, the building company that is based at the Jam Factory. They did a great job on what was a challenge, ie mounting a 46 inch screen (ie weighting 30kgs) on a hollow wall. They had to mount reinforcing ply behind the wall. All in all it cost me 400. I would call them for a quote if I were you. Phil is the owner. PM me if you want the phone number.
Thursday 23 August 2007 7.52pm
Can't remember where I got the quote, but the guy in Richer Sounds Bloomsbury confirmed it wasn't unusual.
Thursday 23 August 2007 9.06pm
Seriously???? 400 to stick a few brackets on the wall? May I refer you to the bible John 10:35
Friday 24 August 2007 9.23am
Crikey. 400 pays for three and a half years of unlimited cinema at Vue!

Richer Sounds sells brackets for about 50, a hire shops hire out powerful drills, and I'm sure some friends can help out with lifting. I think there will be a lot of rip-off merchants out there who know that people with these TVs have cash to spare but it is not much different from putting up bookshelves.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: