Good plumber needed

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 23 August 2007 3.40pm
My Glow Worm boiler packed up the other day. The engineer told me that the water was dirty in the heating system and I needed to find a plumber to drain the entire system.

My previous experience with plumbers have not been too good - every single one overcharging. Anyone know of a good local plumber who follows good business practices and fair pricing?
Sunday 26 August 2007 10.02am
We've used Driscoll & Crowley a couple of times and found them to be really professional. I don't know how they compare on price - we had such a bad experience with some other plumbers we haven't really looked around since finding these people. I mean, there are only so many times you need a plumber! They seem to have a website here:

No connection, other than I've used them twice, and my sister used them once, and we've all been happy with them.
Sunday 26 August 2007 10.27pm
if your heating water is dirty and causing problems with your boiler it may be best to have a "Powerflush" on you central heating system.
Basically a water transfusion, removing the old water and any magnetite(sludge) with in the system. Also it may be worth installing an Fernox Boiler buddy or magna clean within your system to keep it free of sludge and circulating debris such as rust and ferrous particles.
An power flush would normally take a day Max. to perform and cost any thing between 250- 400.

For more information of how a boiler buddy works and the effects of a unprotected heating system can cause log onto
Sunday 26 August 2007 10.30pm
I am an plumbing and heating engineer based in Oxfordshire and we perform a powerflush everytime we install a new boiler.
Sunday 26 August 2007 11.21pm
I like the idea of an Archibald Tuttle type monitoring these threads
Tuesday 28 August 2007 7.48pm
From the Movie "Brazil"

A Vigilante repairman/plumber?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: