Doctors in Shad Thames

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 24 August 2007 2.33pm
We're about to move to Mill Street in Shad Thames and i'd like to know if anyone can recommend the New Mill St doctors surgery?
PKM
Friday 24 August 2007 3.14pm
It can be quite difficult to get appointments and my husband has found that they were shut on days he was expecting them to be open. It may be worth checking out their opening hours as they don't seem consistent, particulalry if you have an alternative option you can compare them to.

Its where I'm registered but the once or twice I have needed an appointment its been at least a week's wait. I guess that's just an issue with many doctor's surgeries though in the city...
Saturday 25 August 2007 4.10pm
Mill St is the best I've found in the area. Yes, like any doc's you sometimes have to wait for an apt but I have found them to be excellent.
Sunday 26 August 2007 9.47am
I've been registered with them for over 6 years and have never had problems getting an appointment. I've always found them very good too except during the time a few years ago when the practice was having a change over
Sunday 26 August 2007 3.52pm
I have been registered there for 6 years and up until recently had only been once or twice, but I broke my ankle. had an op them got a nasty infection courtesty of the hospital, so I became rather a fixture at Mill St suregry for several weeks and they were fantastic.
I never really saw the resident GP. Dr Campion, but on tuesdays they had a lovely man called Sebastian, never managed to get to grips with his surname as he is polish, but he was wonderful, and Nurse Maggie I can say is also fantastic. I am terrified of needles and she just makes me so calm
Tuesday 28 August 2007 8.40am
Thanks ever so much everyone. As someone said, no matter which surgery you are registered with in London, getting an appointment can be a struggle, but as no one has come up with any nightmare stories, i'll give them a bell and see if they are taking on new patients at the moment.
Tuesday 28 August 2007 9.58am
PKM wrote:
It can be quite difficult to get appointments and my husband has found that they were shut on days he was expecting them to be open. It may be worth checking out their opening hours as they don't seem consistent, particulalry if you have an alternative option you can compare them to.

They are open late at least once a week, but I think that's only if Dr Campion is there - I went for some jabs a few weeks ago, and was told that they were closing earlier than usual (6pm rather than 9pm) because he was on holiday. They open early at least once a week too, which is really handy I think. I've never had a doctor whose surgery operated hours that fitted in around work before.
Thursday 11 February 2010 12.13pm
I'm pretty sure I remember some complaints here about doctors at this surgery -- did they demand the posts be taken down??
Thursday 11 February 2010 12.32pm
my kids and my partner are registered at New Mill Street - have been for over five years. We have never had a problem getting an appointment there - in fact we're usually offered an appointment on the same day. The GPs there are all fine; my partner likes to see Dr Karen Bailey as she is a woman but all the doctors there are okay.

Without naming the previous surgery they were registered at (and including my own GP surgery at Downtown which is quite good),in my opinion New Mill Street is certainly a progressive and well-run GP surgery.
Thursday 11 February 2010 3.53pm
I used to be registered at Mill Street and don't rate them high at all. Being open early at least once a week is only useful if the GP can actually manage to turn up on time?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network