Doctors in Shad Thames

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Friday 21 May 2010 8.20am
The Mill Street surgery is effectively run although you can sometimes have to wait to see the doctor of your choice - Dr Campion is especially popular as he it is his practice. You can get early morning (from around 7.30am) and late appointments (to about 8.30pm) appointments on some days but these are the ones you often have to schedule in advance.

The doctors are good here and I can highly recommend Dr Campion and Dr Ana Viejo. However, I have very strong reservations about Dr Karen Bailey who I found very cold, clinical and unsympathetic. I left the surgery feeling a lot worse than when I walked in after seeing her.
Sunday 23 May 2010 10.01pm
Dr Campion is rude and argumentative... he also doesn't turn up on time for appointments. If you dare to complain he chucks you off his list... he's very keen on his 'quality outcomes' so provided you're female with children, have high blood pressure, dietary problems and a smoker who want's to give up he's all over you... if you're male, in your 30's, good health, non-smoker, with a job... you're an inconvenience.
Thursday 15 July 2010 7.29am
I have been with Dr Campion for 4 years now and am very happy with him! I am male, reasonably good health, non-smoker, with a job and never felt like an inconvenience to him at all! I like the fact that I can have appointments early morning before work, and I find his recommendations reasonable and well-argued.
Thursday 15 July 2010 4.49pm
jonnyp42 wrote:
he's very keen on his 'quality outcomes'

Of course he is. The new GP contract awards "points" for every succesful quality outcome. These points have a monetary value and a GP can easily double (or more) his salary this way.

Dr Campion scores very highly:

If you can't see this very well then you can search at http://www.qof.ic.nhs.uk/search.asp
Thursday 15 July 2010 6.51pm
I have been registered with New Mill Street surgery for 5 years. It sometimes is a bit of a wait for an appointment, but they do a walk in surgery a couple of mornings a week - not sure which ones exactly - and I have always found you are seen quite quickly if you get there early. Nurse Maggie is lovely as well!
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: