Starbucks in Borough

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6
Friday 24 August 2007 3.23pm
I work in Borough and noticed the old T-Mobile shop next door to the Post Office (closed for some months is being refitted as a Starbucks . Any views on this SE1-ers?
PKM
Friday 24 August 2007 3.44pm
Oh boy - will there be views!
Friday 24 August 2007 4.06pm
WHAT??????????
Friday 24 August 2007 4.15pm
PKM wrote:
Oh boy - will there be views!

Views? Only of the block across the road where Borough Tube station is I guess. Not much of a view if that's what you are asking.

I hadn't realised it was a feature that Starbucks had to have views. In my area (across the river) there are 4 in close proximity none with 'views' :)
Friday 24 August 2007 4.19pm
I can hardly say its arrival fills me with visions of delight. But I'm not going to have a meltdown about it. Waste of energy. I'd rather a Starbucks than a mobile phone shop or an estate agency.
Friday 24 August 2007 4.28pm
longlaner wrote:
I can hardly say its arrival fills me with visions of delight. But I'm not going to have a meltdown about it. Waste of energy. I'd rather a Starbucks than a mobile phone shop or an estate agency.

Well it replaces one (mobile phone shop) and will be a near neighbour to two estate agents.
Friday 24 August 2007 10.49pm
Hence my lack of enthusiasm for it being either.
Friday 7 September 2007 10.58am
The old mobile phone shop on Borough High St, opposite the station is being fitted out now.

They are some operator...apparently they have 15,000 stores and open another 7 each day ! Now Apple and Starbucks are collaborating over iTunes. If you hear a song played in Starbucks you can use your iPod Touch to preview and buy it on iTunes Wifi store while having your coffee.

And, for me, a big draw is that they offer TMobile wifi in all branches, so when I am in a different part of the country I can be certain that I can surf/ check email etc.

I feel I am being sucked into the Starbucks empire. But I still enjoy SE1's alternative coffee places, and maybe there is a healthy balance between the global players and the likes of Monmouth, coffee@Tower Bridge Road, etc.

Is there still a healthy balance in SE1 ?

Or will Costa, Starbucks wipe out smaller businesses?
Friday 7 September 2007 11.12am
[threads merged]

This is SE1's eleventh Starbucks - I don't think there is any other chain of any type with so many branches in the area, is there?

I also find the wifi - and long opening hours - useful.

But I don't care for the taste of the coffee itself.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 7 September 2007 12.48pm
It seems we have three branches of Caffe Nero and four Costas.

I quite like the fact that we have some smaller players who offer something a little different, like Amano.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: