Buying a mattress.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 26 August 2007 7.51pm
Hello everyone,
My name is Hung-Ya, and I am from Taiwan. I will be moving into Sidney Webb House, the LSE residence on September 10th.

Because the fact that the accommodation does not supply any bed linen, pillows, duvets and sheets, and so on, which means I will have to buy it myself on the first day I arrive. I was wondering if you could let me know the best place to buy these things I need. I really really appreciate that.

Seeing the news that mentioning the stabbing on Old Kent Road, I guess it would be better for me to have a company if I must go back to the accommodation quite late, right?

Hung-Ya
Tuesday 28 August 2007 9.48am
In walworth road, just past southwark council job shop, there is a shop called Felstons or Fellmons * they sell mattresses/beds/possibly pillows..there are shops down East street market that sell pillows..sheets...or Argos..
I dont know where Sidney Webb house, so cant make any comment about safety. But I have traisped down the Old Kent Road very late at night on my own and with my daughter and have never had any trouble..
Tuesday 28 August 2007 11.37am
Thank you so much for replying. It really helps!

In fact, Sidney Webb House is on Great Dover Street, as I read the map, I think Olld Kent Road is simply a few steps away!
Wednesday 29 August 2007 7.14am
Oddly enough Hung-Ya I was walking down Great Dover Street yesterday and a lady stopped and asked for directions and as I was looking around trying to see this place that I had never heard of I spotted the sign for Sidney Webb house on the wall of the building in Black Horse court!

In which case you'll be fine as it's near where i live!

Do you really need a mattress shop? if you dont need a mattress you could go online and order all necessary stuff from any Argos store and use their collect facility.. save you time after travelling, especially after such a long way. Or use one of the larger department stores . It depends on your funds available....
Wednesday 29 August 2007 9.21am
I don't think you need to worry about buying a mattress as your Hall of Residence will provide it. You just need to bring your sheets, duvet and pillows which you can buy at any supermarket, Dept store or even at the market.
Wednesday 29 August 2007 2.11pm
Thank you very much for this piece of information, connie. It seems that I have worried about such things a little bit too much. LOL...

And to Jan the old one, it is a strange thing indeed. Funny that we sometimes overlook something for so long, and all of a sudden, it simply pops up in front of us. Please allow me to thank you once again!

Hung-Ya

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network