Falmouth Road park: anti-social behaviour

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 28 August 2007 8.57am
This little park on the corner of Falmouth Road and New Kent Road seems to be attracting trouble.

I live next door, and on Sunday at 2:30 am a woman was screaming in the park like she was being attacked, while a number of male voices were bellowing. This went on for a good 5 minutes, so I called the police. According to 999, two other neighbours had also rung in, separate from me. The group moved into the street, and were 2 women and 3 men, who were all shouting, screaming and fighting.

The police never came (why not??), and the group eventually quitened down about 3:30 or so, and presumably left.

This morning, the children's play area has a burnt out mattress slung across the swing, still smouldering and with springs exposed. The soft surface bouncy of the play area is damaged from the fire.

This is a sweet little park, but looks like Southwark might have to start locking it at night. If they give me a key and a retainer, I will do it myself!
Tuesday 28 August 2007 7.35pm
We the same thing in the little park in Leroy Street, kids/adults/dogs in there all hours of the night. This park is never locked either.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: