Southwark Playhouse

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 30 August 2007 6.48am
if you haven't been to see "Reverance - A Tale of Abelard & Heloise" yet in the arches under London Bridge then you're missing out.

fantastic. atmospheric. stunning. amazing use of the space. I saw it last night and I haven't got over it yet - it really is quite superb.

apart from being a fan of the Playhouse I have no connection, but this production really blew me away. I totally recommend it.
Thursday 30 August 2007 12.36pm
Thanks for that - I shall pop along :-)
Wednesday 5 September 2007 10.14am
I've been to see Reverence: a tale of Abelard and Heloise in the Southwark Playhouse and thoroughly recommend it to anyone. It's quite different but very well done. The earlier you book, the cheaper the ticket (starts at 7, highest 20), but even at 20 I would say it's worth it.

(No connection etc....)

[Threads merged - JH]
Wednesday 5 September 2007 2.21pm
This may seems a very stupid question, but how exactly do you get in to the Playhouse? I haven't been before, and can't see the entrance.
Wednesday 5 September 2007 2.25pm
The current Southwark Playhouse is in Shipwright Yard - down the side of The Shipwrights Arms on Tooley Street.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 5 September 2007 2.31pm
Thank you. I poked my nose down there but couldn't see an entrance. Perhaps it only becomes obvious in the evenings?
Wednesday 5 September 2007 4.32pm
The gate opens in the evening (and obviouisly before the matinee). The entrance is then to your left.
Wednesday 5 September 2007 6.49pm
Thanks, that's a help!
TAK
Saturday 15 September 2007 12.23am
Thanks for everyone to draw my attention to this performance.
I saw it tonight and am very glad I did so! It's been one of the most amazing performances I have seen.
Saturday 15 September 2007 7.09am
Wont it be great when we have the Southwark Playhouse in the E&C? (The London Park Hotel Tower will house the SPH as its permanent home).
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: