Car sharing

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 30 August 2007 11.17am
Hello, I am thinking about joining a car sharing service and have seen both Streetcar and Zipcar in the area. Does anyone have any experience with either of these and have any suggestions as to which to choose?

Thursday 30 August 2007 1.34pm
I'm a Street car member and I have no complaints; clean cars, reasonable charges. I understand that there is a monthly charge now for new members though, so not sure how that stacks up against Zipcar. I would still recommend a traditional car hire company for longer journeys, for the unlimited mileage.
Thursday 30 August 2007 4.01pm
And 45 per day for a Golf is a dickens of a lot compared to a proper hire car. On the other hand, the convenience...
Friday 31 August 2007 12.32pm
The hire companies have certain membership options e.g. Avis charges nothing but it just speeds up the booking process I think.
Friday 31 August 2007 4.27pm
Thanks for the advice!
Monday 3 September 2007 11.14am
I am a member of Streetcar and they're really good. We have done 2hr hires and have recently booked a car for 5 days - for a fixed fee including mileage: 150.
They do have an annual membership fee and if you want to diminish the insurance excess then you'll need to pay a bit more but i'm sure other car clubs do the same.

Their phone support is really good and on the one occasion I've had to query my bill they were really clear and helpful about what the charges were.

Saturday 8 August 2009 4.13pm
In my experience of both current Zipcar user and ex-Streetcar user, I would definitely recommend ZIPCAR, they are great - awesome cars: BMW, Audi, Mini... and lots of car available in SE1 all the time...

On top they give 25 free driving credits when joining in - You must have a coupon though... Here it is!: rieifzma :) feel free to use... ;) for direct access to the offer...
Saturday 8 August 2009 4.23pm
edit - double post..
Saturday 8 August 2009 4.29pm
Very dodgie post. New member 4 posts and all about Street Zip cars.

Do you work for them??
Saturday 8 August 2009 4.37pm
lol no but I love them! and I want to share my coupon...

Why!? do you work for streetcar... ;)
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: