Does anyone else live near Hill House, Blackfriars Rd.?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 5 September 2007 10.32pm
Or more specifically at the rear of it, and do they make your life a misery?

It's the office block at the south east end of Blackfriars Road and used to be British Telecom. It is now Deutsche Bank's backup site (in case of nuclear or terrorist attack allegedly) although they don't like anyone to know it. It's heavily patrolled, cameras everywhere, dogs and a secure turnstile entrance that recognises fingerprints.

All very mysterious but more importantly, insufferably noisy. They seem to have builders in 24/7 and this evening have fired up a 'portable' generator which is the size of a juggernaut. This makes a noise like a jumbo jet and is directly outside our block of flats. It started at 7.40 this evening and has been going off and on for 30odd minute intervals since (and will probably go on all night).

I have called the Southwark Noise Team (not for the first time) and I have to say they have been brilliant. They've been round twice, agreed that it's monstrous, have had words (and been ignored) but there really is not much they can do bar serve a notice.

So, any ideas of what I can do now would be much appreciated before I burst into tears!
Wednesday 5 September 2007 10.57pm
I live on The Cut, and am very sympathetic to what's happening to you. I often wonder if companies go out of their way to make our lives a misery. Maybe they run bets on who can be the noisiest.

I think you should email the Cathedral ward councillors, to ask them to contact the noise nusiance team to explain further what action can be taken. You could also ask Simon Hughes to write to the company directly, to make an official complaint.

Don't be put off from contacting the company yourself as well. Large companies are often sensitive to the possibilty of poor PR.

It's also nice that they don't think we'll be affected by a nuclear strike.
Thursday 6 September 2007 1.59pm
Contact the local papers, better still contact Deutsche Bank themselves...I sympathise about the noise of a genny, it throbs and the noise carries quite a bit. we used to have one pullup outside the cafe in our street sunday morning and start one up while they ate!
Wednesday 17 October 2007 11.49am
it is one of Deutsche Bank's disaster recovery sites - there are a number of them across London.

There is no fingerprint scanner to get in....

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: