Bermondsey Street Festival

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 7 September 2007 7.05pm
I'm extremely disappointed that I'm not going to be able to attend the First Bermondsey St. Festival on the 15th September. If anybody is planning to go, could you take some photos and see if James is happy to put them up on the site?

Related news & features

Friday 7 September 2007 7.14pm
Oh goody, what time does it start?
Friday 7 September 2007 7.18pm
I hope to take some pics myself, but other contributions always welcome.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 7 September 2007 11.29pm
James Hatts wrote:
I hope to take some pics myself, but other contributions always welcome.

The fun starts at 1200, and runs through to 9pm. There is a creative theme (painting, music, dancing, fashion etc. to reflect the area), and some stalls from local firms and individuals - though I'm not quite sure how the dog show fits into that (I think the entries will either be Boxers or Pugs, by the look of the dogs round here). See for details. Hope this is helpful. I am on the BSAP committee.
Monday 17 September 2007 9.01pm
How was it?
Monday 17 September 2007 11.15pm
As part of the working party that put the festival together I'm sure I speak for many in saying we were not only delighted with the numbers but also the enthusiastic response, great atmosphere, and weather! Our thanks to everyone for their support.

The stalls looked good and busy, the food from the Garrison et al teased us all day with their aromas, the local groups were great, and the dog shows extremely well supported. Jennie's historic walks went down well and the kids enjoyed the wall painting. All in all a great day. Also, I think we impressed the many visitors who were passing through due to the Open House w/e and Thames Festival.

James has a few pics elsewhere on the site, and there should be some in Southwark News this week.

If anyone has any thoughts as to how we might improve it next year, do get in touch through the website
Tuesday 18 September 2007 8.05am
I was only there for a short while, but thought it was a delightful and well organised affair - and the white Sangria was delicious! It made me feel almost in Misdummer country, lol.

Many thanks to all who spent time organising the event.
Tuesday 18 September 2007 8.08am
Loved it- had a real community feel. Well attended (Zandra the star turn) and really easy going atmosphere. Food had ran out when I arrived though! Congrats to all those involved- look forward to next years (but please try and avoid Thames festival/open house clash- I wanted to go to them all!)

PS Any chance of more info/seeing the film on Bermondsey Square (online?) by Shortwave films- missed that had to take our toddler home!
Tuesday 18 September 2007 9.30am
I walked past at 18.00 and it looked amazing, I saw a stall with cool baby clothes on (I believe it was called Rock my baby), have tried to search for it on the internet but no luck. If anyone know the website for it could you please let me know.
Tuesday 18 September 2007 9.32am
My son and I had a great time, the Blues music was great. A lovely atmosphere and I can't believe where all the people came from !
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: