Magicians for a 30th birthday party

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 10 September 2003 11.24am
Can anyone recommend a magician suitable for a 30th birthday party that I am trying to organise somewhere in SE1? Preferably not someone that costs the earth either, yet is still very entertaining.

Cheers,

Nick
Wednesday 10 September 2003 11.49am
Possibly....

I was at a pub about 18 months ago and a really good magician was wondering around doing close up magic - not put on by the pub or anything, just there to drum up a bit of interest and entertain folks on a Saturday night.

He's called Magic Junior, is based in SW11, and can be contacted by e-mail on mj@magicjunior.com and has a website at www.magicjunior.com

I don't know if he'll come to SE1, but I was really impressed with him.
Wednesday 10 September 2003 12.40pm
What about David Blaine....? He's local.
Wednesday 10 September 2003 2.03pm
He's also not doing anything.....
Wednesday 10 September 2003 3.34pm
You might need to hold the party in Potter's Fields though....
Thursday 11 September 2003 4.54am
Used a great bloke last year called Willee Wontee - for a 7th not a 30th, but with plenty of adult jokes thrown in. Then he disappeared, only to be seen fleetingly in a newspaper picture entering 11 Downing Street to entertain some kids.

Dont know much about him except he was called Fergal (as is my son - so Fergals of the world unite) lived in Stockwell, mainly did charity gigs, and had a day job as a social worker.

Many children's entertainers are dire so I was hoping to hire him again - and he would be brilliant for big kids. Anyone know of him or where he went?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: