Garden Waste collection

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 15 September 2007 8.08am
Has anyone else been trying to use Southwark's garden waste collection service? I've been trying since January, and they've only managed once or twice to come on the right day. I've been in almost constant correspondence with the environmental services office, who tell me every time that they will get it sorted out.

I can only assume that the advertised fortnightly service doesn't exist, or someone is pocketing the money for it and then just not bothering to do the job.

Anyone else have similar experience, or am I just unlucky?
Saturday 15 September 2007 2.18pm
That particular section of the recyling department and their teams is an absolute shambles. I have experienced the same problem since the garden waste collection scheme started - my collection day is every other Tuesday and I always had to ring on the Wednesday to complain that it was not collected.

After many emails to various bods at various levels at Southwark it is better (not good but better).

My general household waste and Blue Box recycling is excellent - you could time your watch to them!
Monday 17 September 2007 8.19am
I found the garden waste scheme became completely haphazard this year. Weeks and weeks went by without collection, by which time the bottom of the bag had inevitably rotted and it needed rebagging!
Monday 17 September 2007 10.32am
We too have been having problems with the recycling service this year - not just garden waste.

After many phone calls we found that if you email your ward councillor, it seems to get swift replies plus action from the environmental services department.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: