Early Fri AM shoot-out at Tescos

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Alex Kinch Saturday 15 September 2007 6.14pm
Anyone know what exactly happened outside Tesco in Old Kent Road during the early hours of Friday morning? I heard about six shots fired at around 3am, within 10-15 mins the Old Kent Road southbound (by the bus stop) was taped off by armed police.

Heard that someone had fired randomly into or out of the chicken shot to or from across the street, but that's about it.

Also heard that the suspects had legged it up towards Elephant, which might explain a subject raised in another thread on here.

Alex

PS: Two of us in the house swear we heard more gunshots at 7.30am on Fri morning, followed by a guy shouting 'I've been shot' - but went quiet after that

Advertisement

westofbank Saturday 15 September 2007 7.28pm
Asda have had enough....
jackie rokotnitz Saturday 15 September 2007 8.13pm
Does that mean Asda are packing up?
James Hatts Sunday 16 September 2007 1.45pm
Jackie - I think westofbank was making a joke...

There was a firearms incident near Tesco this morning:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/2916

But not heard anything about Friday yet. I will enquire tomorrow.

Editor of the London SE1 website and SE1 Direct newsletter
Alex Kinch Sunday 16 September 2007 4.00pm
Talking to the police on the cordon earlier today (shootings yards from your front door have a funny habit of causing insomnia), the incident around 3am Friday morning involved a shotgun - no fatal injuries.
westofbank Sunday 16 September 2007 7.30pm
At least you did not say 'attempting' to make a joke, James.

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions