Bankside...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 17 September 2007 2.22am
Hello all,

Well, basically let me start off. I am starting university in London (in two weeks actually =]) and my hall of residence is Bankside House (apparently behind the Tate Modern - I'm not too sure though I am yet to see it).

What I wanted to ask was about the safety for residents there and the area? I have lived in London but that was almost 15 years ago with parents nd i moved to Wa town in Wales, obviously a lot more quieter than London. But I have visited London a few times recently before and know the rules of 'Be wise, don't flash your belongings...etc'

And replies would be appreciated a lot, also (i don't know whether this sounds silly) any 'tips' or advice for living in Bankside/London would be helpful too.

Thanks
Tuesday 18 September 2007 9.39am
Hi and welcome to SE1. It's a fabulous place to be. There are regularly queries on this site of this nature. If you look at the top of the message list there is a "search" function. I put in "safety SE1" and found three pages of threads concerning this issue. The general rules are - this is central London where people don't tend to look others in the eye unless they know them. There are good and bad people everywhere. Be sensible. Stick to them and you'll be fine!
gez
Tuesday 18 September 2007 5.17pm
se1 is a great place to live and is fairly safe...enjoy your first taste of london life...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network