Best gym to join in area

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Saturday 22 September 2007 4.18pm
Hi - I am new to the area and I am looking for a gym to join. Anyone have suggestions?
Saturday 22 September 2007 5.38pm
now you've started something......
Saturday 22 September 2007 7.12pm
Just looking for suggestions!
Saturday 22 September 2007 7.15pm
opinions on gyms are many and varied in this forum...
Saturday 22 September 2007 7.29pm
...and are very subjective.

Best advice is to Google "gym Se1", then go visit the clubs and draw your own conclusions.

I am a member of Fitness First at London Bridge - it has just undergone a makeover and lots of cash has been spent by the folks of Fitness First.

Here is their website.

I am not associated with them in any way - apart from some sweat on the floor.
Saturday 22 September 2007 8.04pm
I am a member (along with BoroughPaul !) of 37 Degrees at More. Never had any complaints so far since joining in January this year.

For the location near home, the price and the facilities, its a good deal. Go there about 4 times a week (either early morning, after work or weekends). There is a fairly good selection of popular classes - although I only do the Spin class, as I like loud and sweaty !!

They have some new staff as well now who seem to be making an effort to chat to members etc

Make them give you a guest pass first though so you can check it out when you would normally go - 6.00pm on a Monday or Tuesday is very busy !!
Sunday 23 September 2007 2.24am
I am a weekend member at Fitness First London Bridge (Cottons). It's got a pool as well as a gym and, at 19.95 a month, seems to be good value. As a weekend member only, you can use it from 4pm on Friday afternoons, and all Saturday and Sunday. It may not suit everyone, but you do avoid the crowds and the gym is fairly empty.

If you go on the Fitness First website, you can request a free trial day, which may be worth a go.
Sunday 23 September 2007 10.03am
I would not touch Fitness First with a barge pole. No complaint at all about the gym itself - I have gone to the one near St Paul's and it's excellent, especially the powerplate - but try leaving. They are an aggressive and ruthless outfit, who will harrass you for fees, threatening legal action until you give in. There are hundreds of complaints about FF on the web. Just google a few and you will see what I'm talking about. If you think you've signed up for, say, three months, think again. They are masters of the fine print. If you want to stay with them for life, fine. But be warned.
Sunday 23 September 2007 11.46am
Depends how big you count as "in the area"!! If you're willing to go a few stops on the tube or work near canary wharf then you can't beat The Reebok Sports Club.

Best gym I have ever joined
Sunday 23 September 2007 12.02pm
SoHo gyms in Waterloo- new, modern, friendly and cheap.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: