Roundabouts at Elephant

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 1 of 9
PJ
Sunday 23 September 2007 6.39pm
Are the removal of these roundabouts ever going to happen? I heard that they can't get approval
Sunday 23 September 2007 8.08pm
The removal is going to happen - yes!
Sunday 23 September 2007 9.18pm
I'll believe it when I see it. I seem to have been telling friends they are 'about' to be removed for about 18 months...
PJ
Sunday 23 September 2007 10.05pm
I agree if they are going to happen, when exactly???
Monday 24 September 2007 7.08am
Wait, I'll get the latest update...
Monday 24 September 2007 8.35am
As we reported in March, Southwark's corporate plan includes "Beginning the removal of the southern roundabout" with a completion date of January 2008.

I don't think the word "Beginning" was previously included, but I guess it makes the target more achievable!

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
PJ
Monday 24 September 2007 8.56am
So it is going to be removed by this January. I can't believe that as no work seems to be underway.
Monday 24 September 2007 8.59am
PJ wrote:
So it is going to be removed by this January
That's not what it says. It's all in the detail. It says they will BEGIN removal.

But like williamn, I will believe it when I see it.

And before everyone gets too carried away, let's make clear that the only concrete plans (pun not intended) are for the SOUTHERN roundabout and subways removal. The northern subways will be with us for a few years yet.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
PJ
Wednesday 26 September 2007 12.03pm
So we have been given no idea when the Northern roundabout subways will be removed and no clear idea when the Southern ones will start or complete.

This is a mess. We were told that it would be last year. Meanwhile the subways continue to disintegrate. Perhaps they are hoping that time will do the job for them?
Wednesday 26 September 2007 1.24pm
...and what about the "Ecopod"? What is it supposed to do?
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 1 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: