Reflexology

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
AD
Monday 24 September 2007 12.59pm
A colleague has been raving about her monthly Reflexology sessions.
My first enquiry resulted in 'The Whole U', a place in Waterloo, where Samantha promptly replied.
It costs 35 an hour there, or 50 for an hour at home. I'd been advised that home sessions were worth the extra.
I'm up for giving it a go, but before booking with the first person I came across, I was wondering if anyone would have any recommendations, or experiences they'd share?
I live off Mill Street, on the SE1/SE16 border, so any practioneers over this way would be perfect.
Cheers!
Monday 24 September 2007 7.20pm
http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/reflex.html

http://skepdic.com/reflex.html

These links may be of interest to you first. If not, enjoy your foot massage.
AD
Tuesday 25 September 2007 8.46am
Thanks for the links.

I was hoping some readers might have recommendations of practitioneers, but perhaps it's a bit personal.
Are SE1ers all reserved English people who won't talk about anything personal?

This quote out of skepdic, 'One reason foot massage may be so pleasurable and is associated with significant improvement in mood is that the area of the brain that connects to the foot is adjacent to the area that connects to the genitals. There may be some neuronal overlapping.', made me think I'd touched on some sort of Taboo!

Then again it did explain why my colleague had been raving on - she's probably been experiencing the equivalent high of having fantastic sex every night of the week!

Please lets not go off on a tangent, if anyone has any experiences of good local reflexologists, please let me know.
Tuesday 25 September 2007 12.01pm
Reserved...SE1!!! ROFL [Roll On Floor Laughing] No - just relaxing and easing our way into the week, after a lovely sunny weekend.

I have had Reflexology several times and found it very beneficial to my Depression and Anxiety, as well as being an extremely enjoyable experience.

The Neal's Yard shop, by Borough Market, does a reduced price alternative therapies with recent graduates. It wss 20, a year or so ago, so may be a little more now. The practitioner I had was superb and the setting is great, too.

Good luck!
AWM
Wednesday 26 September 2007 12.58pm
Hi,

I've been going to a place in Shad Thames, very relaxed and professional:

http:://www.sarahrigby.com

Might be worth a look.
Wednesday 26 September 2007 1.00pm
Welcome to the forum AWM. Please note that our forum rules require you to be upfront about your connections to any business you recommend or write about on the forum. Is there anything you would like to clarify for the avoidance of any misunderstanding?

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
AWM
Wednesday 26 September 2007 2.01pm
James,

I've been for reflexology there for about a year, and have agreed to host their website. If that's a problem I'll happily delete the post or ask for it to be deleted. Apologies if this is against the forum rules.
Thursday 27 September 2007 11.27am
Sounds like a genuine error on AWM's part....I'm going to check it out :-)
Thursday 27 September 2007 11.34am
Let me know how you get on. I have had reflexology a few times and its very relaxing. Would love to try it again with a local practitioner.
AD
Thursday 27 September 2007 11.47am
Thanks for the recommendations Phil and AWM.

I explored the association of reflexologists website, at the same time as posting here, and by searching via postcode, found a few practitioners (third time lucky on the spelling!!!), based near by.
The Association's website was quite out of date, and churned out a fair few out of date contacts.
I've ended up choosing a lady who's moved out of the area, but still has a few clients in the area, and does home based sessions.
The web site is 'www.greenwoodspirit-healing.net', and I've no idea what it's going to be like!!

I had a gut feeling which I followed. I'll revisit this thread in the future and add feedback for others.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network