Soho Gyms

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 25 September 2007 9.15am
I see there is set to be one of these on Long Lane at the Empire Square development. Does anyone have experience of this company's gyms? Will they be a credible alternative to exisiting local gyms?
Tuesday 25 September 2007 10.38am
very credible - the Waterloo gym is the best in SE1 as far as I'm concerned.
Tuesday 25 September 2007 12.28pm
A retired friend who uses the Soho branch during work hours. He reports that in the afternoon it is full of preening young men with very good physiques, expensive kit and sun-bed tans.

I wonder what the user profile will be in Long lane?
Tuesday 25 September 2007 4.37pm
Havent tried out a Soho Gym yet, but they are due to open in Empire Square in January 2008
Wednesday 26 September 2007 9.32am
Soho Gyms are great. They offer the best value for money, staff is friendly and the gyms are clean, modern, well equipped although without (expensive) frills. Hence the affordability, I suppose.

It will be a great addition to Long Lane and that part of SE1. Shame I dont live there anymore!
Thursday 27 September 2007 6.52am
the gym and Tesco will bring a bit more life to that part of borough. i expect many of the other retail units at empire square will be let within a few months on the coat tails of these two. bermondsey square at the other end of long lane will be another boost. maybe we may even see the long overdue development of the south end of borough high street as a knock on result?
Thursday 27 September 2007 12.27pm
My girfriend is a regular at the Waterloo branch and rates Soho Gyms very highly - over the years she has been to most of the chains. I'd expect the Long Lane one to hopefully be as good - sounds like they have a far bit of space to play with.
Thursday 27 September 2007 9.17pm
Sounds great. Do you know if they'll have a pool? Also, does the Waterloo branch have a weekend only membership option.
Thursday 27 September 2007 9.33pm
i cant see there being enough room for a pool...also depends on how much of the space they take... i guess if they use the whole long lane fronatge it will be quite big
Thursday 27 September 2007 11.40pm
boroughpaul wrote:
i cant see there being enough room for a pool...also depends on how much of the space they take... i guess if they use the whole long lane fronatge it will be quite big
No, they're going into the space behind Tesco, with frontage onto the square and another frontage replacing the roller-shutters to the loading bay on Tabard Street.

Tesco Express is going to be very small. That is the whole point of the change of use application reported here:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/2933

From what I can work out, more than three quarters of the space originally intended for a supermarket will be occupied by the gym.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: