Tattoo pricing

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 25 September 2007 1.31pm

I'm looking to get my first tattoo which will be a garland of flowers going from my ankle to my toes, one parlour has quoted me 120. Does anyone have any idea if this is reasonable or not as I have no idea!!!

Or can anyone recomend any good tattoo parlours?

I did look on an old thread and someone recommended into you, this is the one I have had a quote from but the thread is a few years old so just wondering if theres any new ideas?

Tuesday 25 September 2007 1.55pm
That sounds reasonable to me.

You could also look at Frith St Tattoo in Frith St, Diamond Jacks in Walkers court (both Soho), Angelic Hell in Wandsworth or Brighton or London Tattoo in Islington.

There are so many!

First tattoo on your foot? Man! That's gonna hurt!!
Tuesday 25 September 2007 3.18pm
I'd say that that is fairly reasonable to be honest. One tip I was always given (after my four tattoos but there you go), is to always spend as much money as you can afford at the time on tattoo, THEY LAST FOREVER. If the price is cheap then the tattoo is going to look it as well.

I have no tips on where to go as mine were all done in Kent when I was much younger
Tuesday 25 September 2007 5.25pm
Sounds about right to me. Another option is to travel North, you'll get equally good tattoos at often a much cheaper rate. Mine cost me 90 in Belfast, which here would have been at least 150. Excellent tattooist as well (not suggesting you travel that far mind) Tommy Gun at Skinworks (may as well give him a plug).
Tuesday 25 September 2007 5.48pm
I agree. Spend what you can. My tattoo cost $750 seven years ago - a lot, but it's superb work. Money well spent.
Tuesday 25 September 2007 7.30pm
I've got another quote of 65 from a place in Nunhead called Fantasy Tattooing, apparently the place is pretty good, a few people I know have been there and never had any problems and they've just had it refurbished. Although if anyone has heard anything bad about this place I'd appreciate it if the could let me know!

Thanks for everyone's replies.
Tuesday 25 September 2007 7.31pm
Birdie wrote:

First tattoo on your foot? Man! That's gonna hurt!!

Yeah so I've heard!!! The more I hear the more scared I get!! Hahaha!!
Tuesday 25 September 2007 11.35pm
As far as I know Into You in EC1 have been around for absolute ages which would be a good sign.

A friend of mine had a piercing done there ages ago. I had mine done there about three years ago upon his recommendation. Fully satisfied....would go back anytime.

I once saw an exhibition of an artist called Lee Wagstaff. He had completely tattoed his whole body...anyway, in the exhibition were some business cards for the Happy Sailor Tattooshop in Shoreditch.

I personally would tust my gut feeling wheter I like the place, the staff and if it all looks clean rather than the only have one shot to get this right!

the usual no connections etc.....
Wednesday 26 September 2007 10.12am
I know people that have used Fantasy Tattoo in Nunhead and it's been there a good 10 yrs. All their tattoos look ok to me but then again I'm not an expert.
Thursday 27 September 2007 5.32pm
Your timing is perfect as there is a tattoo convention next week!

I had mine done by Louis in Manchester

Pure genius and worth going all that way-did Beckham actually but still charges the same no matter who you are!

Hmm time for another one me' thinks! "Hello Louis......."
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: