Decent house painter, anyone?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 28 September 2007 7.43pm
I am looking for a house painter just to do my sitting room at first, maybe more later, but it is fairly urgent. Any ideas?
Monday 1 October 2007 10.43am
Hi there
I would be interested in doing it - assuming it is straightforward, plus you don't have any pets/smoke. I'd buy all the stuff and provide the receipts. You could come to look at my home to see that I can paint. This year, I have also done a friend's home but that was in Cambridge.
Can you mail me offline if you are interested -
Monday 1 October 2007 11.20am
I have just received a Painr Runner which according to the ads. is idiot proof...when I finally try it i'll let you know if you can save some money! I'm sure i'll end up trying Rebecca!
Monday 1 October 2007 12.51pm
Thanks I think I have found someone. I do have a cat anyway.
Monday 1 October 2007 1.04pm
Glad you are sorted 'chavender'.
I was responding as you had said you were desperate and I have some time.
I have often thought there was scope on the SE1 mailing for people to offer to help each other out - ie not for money but because they happened to have the required skills and some time.
Monday 1 October 2007 5.19pm
there was an alternative skills exchange
based at waterloo action centre but i dont know if its still in existence

its where you use an alternative to money to keep track of favours done - its called a brick or something

so youd do some painting and earn bricks which you could then spend on whatever skills other ppl are offering

so its not working for free..but then again it does encourage ppl to return favours
Monday 1 October 2007 5.24pm
It's the Waterloo Time Bank your're thinking of.

Email Lorraine on to get involved.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 2 October 2007 10.00am
A tax evasion scheme. You need to pay tax on your 'barter' earnings, be careful for when HMRC come visiting.
Tuesday 2 October 2007 4.29pm
Yes Scroogius MapmakerMaximus, I imagine that the Time Bank was all set up in order that the old ladies who put mailshots in envelopes and get their gerdening done in return can defraud HMRC.

Hunt 'em down and string 'em up. Never hurt me. And bring back National Service while we're about it.

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 3 October 2007 9.26am
Well scuse the complete humour failure but I didn't want money, brick(bats) or bouquets. I had some time and some painting expertise and was trying to help someone who had asked for assistance. I presume the National Blood Service still takes donations in exchange for nothing more than stale crisps and weak tea?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: