Hot Water Boiler

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 2 October 2007 11.36am
Dear SE1

Water from our hot water boiler has been getting progressively cooler over the past 4 years to the point where it is no longer usable.

I assume that the element may be all furred up.

Has anyone had this problem before please? It is a Santon Premier electric boiler, installed around 7 years ago.

Can anyone recommend a reputable tradesman please as they are few and far between these days!

Many thanks
Tuesday 2 October 2007 1.53pm
Pimlico Plumbers came out to service my combi boiler and did a great job. Courteous, professional and turned up on time. No connection, etc.
Wednesday 3 October 2007 11.20am
We have a very good man who looks after our boiler, he repaired our old one until even he couldn't fix it anymore. Not sure he repairs all types of boilers but worth asking. He'll give you a sensible quote and will do the job properly. PM me if you'd like his details.
Wednesday 3 October 2007 11.41am
Try T brown heating at peckham, they service all the boilers for the council, and would have knowledge of all types of boilers,
Friday 5 October 2007 4.51pm
I've used LMS gas services, they are local, corgi reg and nice honest blokes. So much cheaper than British Gas, and the boiler they've given me has been great - no probs after 5 years. no connections etc
they are on 020 8699 0665
Saturday 6 October 2007 10.52am
Sorry to have got your hopes up jbenson, I've since found out the make of boiler our man repairs, it's Vokera.
Thursday 18 October 2007 8.12am
Hi Sputnik,

First time owner of flat for 6mths. Pilot light of boiler could not light. Send for two engineers including one from British Gas. Both wanted me to change my boiler! Eventually got a friend, a builder from North London to sort out problem! Now boiler is working well.
To avoid another hassle, I think maintaining the boiler well is the way to go.
So I am deciding whether to have service package or insurance.
Any advice/suggestions welcome.
Friday 19 October 2007 2.02pm
sorry, no recommendations although a yearly boiler service does not cost much. Personally would get a registered engineer to check your boiler as it is a safety issue. But as I said British Gas are super expensive for all this kind of work and try and sell you all sorts of additional services.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: