The Roxy, Borough High Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 9 October 2007 10.17am
Firstly, I do have a connection in that I played a gig there back in May and I am a satisfied customer and local resident.

If this is a problem, then I shan't contribute to any discussion that may follow.

I just wanted to see what people's opinion is of the Roxy's late licence application being decided on Thursday.

I'm very much in favour of it being granted.

What do you think?
Tuesday 9 October 2007 1.50pm
How late is "late"?
Tuesday 9 October 2007 2.08pm
I just pulled this off the Southwark planning pages:

Variation of condition 4 of approved application 04-AP-1625 to extend opening hours of the exisitng bar and restaurant from approved hours of 07.30am - 11.30pm (mon-sat) & 10.00am-10.30pm (sun) to new opening hours of 7.30am - 01.30am Monday to Thursday, 7.30am - 02.00am Friday, 7.30am - 03.00am Saturday and 10.00am - 01.30am on Sunday
Tuesday 9 October 2007 2.30pm
I imagine it's better since the smoking ban for air quality.

Opening hours would be great so that there was another place to go until late locally, but of course I don't live within shouting distance of it. More local SE1ers may not be so keen.

Given the fact that you have to practically set yourself on fire to get some attention from the bar staff on occasion, I'm not sure how they'd all cope with working a longer shift.
Tuesday 9 October 2007 3.34pm
Quote:
Given the fact that you have to practically set yourself on fire to get some attention from the bar staff on occasion, I'm not sure how they'd all cope with working a longer shift.

Funny ! Conjures up a good picture !

Kevin
Tuesday 9 October 2007 11.24pm
sounds good to me, its a great bar.
Wednesday 10 October 2007 9.15pm
Sounds good to me too - as long as the management run the place properly, then great.....all we need now is Southwark Council to improve on clearing up BH Street the next morning ......
Thursday 11 October 2007 9.31am
Now we just need a decent bar in Elephant!
Thursday 11 October 2007 1.08pm
hows the greek food??
Monday 3 December 2007 7.21pm
I love the Roxy, but have to confess I preferred their previous menu, bit more varied. Never been big on Greek food, and there's little on it that's not Greek themed. The place still does a mean mojito though.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network