Venue hire for martial arts club

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 9 October 2007 12.32pm
Greetings Everyone!

I am new to this forum,so please fogive me if I am in error for the location of my post.
The reason I am here is because I am wondering if anyone could help me find a location that may be for hire in the SE1 area that I could set up a filipino martial arts club.
I have been teaching in london for 3 years and I have been at UCL for that time period as well as other locations throughout london.
Now, my class has grown so large,the university schedule has become a bit bothersome.
Ideally, I would like a place that could be used 7 days a week,then I could offer time to other clubs who are struggling with finding venues as well.
The demand is definately there for what we are offering and it is for long term.
We just need a little help and ideas and any or all is welcome.

I thank you very much for reading the post
and for your time and consideration.

if there is any comments or advice on me posting here,please feel free to speak up!
Wednesday 10 October 2007 1.46pm
There is some kind of dojo above the Macdonalds at Guys. Might be worth checking out
Wednesday 10 October 2007 11.25pm
tony d..

thank you very much! I shall look into it!
But what I am really looking for is some place I can use 7 days a week and share with other instructors.
But I will check into that in the mean time.

Thank you for the tip!
Thursday 11 October 2007 4.30pm
Some tenants association halls are cheap, not quite sure about 7 days a week though.
The roundhouse in great dover street?
Friday 12 October 2007 1.32pm
Try Bermondsey Village Hall at the end of Crosby Row, or the Colombo Centre has a big hall or try the Beormund (I think that's how you spell it) Community Centre on Abbey Street.
Friday 12 October 2007 5.18pm
We have a list of venues in the Kennington area at the bottom of our trades board:

Alternatively, I wonder if it's worth contacting Sports Action Zone. 020 7202 6919 It may be that they have spare space at the old Lilian Baylis school site... or know of other possible venues.
Friday 12 October 2007 7.11pm
I thank you all for the info and advice!

I am going to look into all of these places and if any of you want to venture into filipino martial arts; give me a shout (^_^)

Thank you again!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: