Slamming Doors at The Glass House

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 9 October 2007 7.14pm
I live in Hestia [Hot] House, in the City Walk Development. My flat overlooks Royal Oak Yard and is adjacent to The Glasshouse.

For over two years, I have endured the slamming of the main door from around 5am until 2 - 3am. It is, of course, not helped by the 'phenomenon' of these self-closing doors.

Given the close proximity of the building and, indeed, so many buildings, as developers squeeze them in at all angles - would it be possible for any residents to make an effort to close the door quietly - at least at night and during the wee-small hours?

I have courteously asked for a polite notice to be displayed - but, if it was displayed, it made no difference.

Whatever happened to that other 'C' word: Consideration?

God knows what it will be like when the new development is built, on the Recall sight.

If I close the windows there is no air - and there is precious little with the window open!

Perhaps there IS a considerate resident who will read this and pass the word......

Thanks.
Tuesday 9 October 2007 9.01pm
Not related to your slamming door issue but on the subject of consideration I am driven to dispair at the disregard people have to each other.

I know I will just leave these pizza flyers, real estate agent cards in my mailbox on the floor of this here communial lobby. Smoke? Why don't foul your own living space do it outside the front door to the building and leave your butts everywhere. Can't be arsed putting your trash in the dumpster--just leave in the communual planter right outside the dumpster room.

aaarrrggghhhhh!
Wednesday 10 October 2007 12.19pm
Why is the glasshouse so cheap? For sale there is a 2 bed, 3 balcony flat - currently on with Savills, but it has been on the market for ages - over 1200 sq feet, 550k, so about 430/square foot for a Bermondsey Street address.

Most flats in that part of town come in at up to twice that cost - or more.
PKM
Wednesday 10 October 2007 1.06pm
The Mapmaker wrote:
Why is the glasshouse so cheap? For sale there is a 2 bed, 3 balcony flat - currently on with Savills, but it has been on the market for ages - over 1200 sq feet, 550k, so about 430/square foot for a Bermondsey Street address.

No parking, I think - I went to see one back in June for about that price - liked the flat but wanted a parking space.
Wednesday 10 October 2007 1.35pm
A parking space is worth maybe 15-30k. Not 300-600k.
PKM
Wednesday 10 October 2007 3.01pm
In my experience you can add about 20-25K for a parking space which makes it about right for the current market doesn't it? I recently moved into the area so have done some research although the price you mentioned suggests that market has flattened somewhat since summer. And going by the one I saw which was quite nice, they may need a bit of upgrading of bathrooms etc.
Wednesday 10 October 2007 3.36pm
Glass House 430 per square foot.

Alaska Building 500-600 (suggesting 700k for a flat equivalent to the Glass House) New flats at Elephant 600 psf (suggesting 750k). Newly converted flats near Bricklayers arms on New Kent Road 550-650 (suggesting 750k). Tabard Square up to 1000 psf (suggesting up to 1.25m). And none of those is on Bermondsey Street, which I understand is the prime spot for trendy types to live in SE1.

Prices round here have gone up 10-15% *since* the summer from what I've seen (they might have flattened since the last 4 weeks).

Parking space at 25k; new bathroom at 10k; new kitchen at 50k (!!) - that doesn't explain the discrepancy.
Wednesday 10 October 2007 5.20pm
I don't believe that Empire Sq is 1000 per square foot, except the top three floors of the Tower.
Thursday 11 October 2007 9.42am
Returning to the subject of consideration of our neighbours perhaps the people of city walk who dump their general rubbish by the recycling bins at the end of morrocco street could start putting it in the proper place.
PKM
Thursday 11 October 2007 11.16am
I would like to second Coffee's plea! Why do people leave their rubbish out there when there are bins provided within all the developments - its mystifying!

Also, if you want to recycle please fold up your card and get it into the bin, don't leave it out to decay and get soggy and look ugly.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: