First noisy night of many

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Wednesday 10 October 2007 7.31pm
Here we go again - the kids around Shad Thames have got their hands on fireworks (the weeeee-bang kind)and are currently letting them off down every side street along Tooley Street.

We will go through this torture every night until about 8th November when the little darlings can't buy anymore fireworks.

Wish one would go off in their pocket.
Wednesday 10 October 2007 9.03pm
I can see that they're annoying, and perhaps you were joking and I just don't share your sense of humour, but what a horrible thing to say.
Wednesday 10 October 2007 9.10pm
I am with Boss St Bloke - their parents should be taking responsibility for them
Wednesday 10 October 2007 9.14pm
Oh to be young again, you sound real grumpy! If you can't stand the noise then live out of the city, it is one of the downsides of living here, but so much else going for it than being stuck in the middle of nowhere!
Wednesday 10 October 2007 9.20pm
The noise is irritating. But for me the real concern is the unsupervised letting off of fireworks. The other day I saw a teenage boy set off a firework horizontally on Crosby Row, mid-afternoon.
Wednesday 10 October 2007 9.22pm
I hate living in a nanny state, people need to be responsible, sign of the times - thanks Blair!
Wednesday 10 October 2007 9.28pm
I don't think anyone is suggesting moving out to the suburbs - living in SE1 is fantastic - but shouldn't the kids letting off fireworks be home studying something ? !!

The noise, the pollution, the transport costs - the list of things we don't like about London could go on for ever - but it is still the best city in the world - we forgive it everything !
Wednesday 10 October 2007 10.12pm
Can't they be forgiven for being naughty bored kids, I grew up in the countryside and had the same ideas about letting off fireworks etc, does not change the way kids think just cos they live in the city!
Wednesday 10 October 2007 11.02pm
The powerful fireworks they let off are meant to go vertically - they let them off horizontally down the small roads off Tooley Street.

JaneS - they are not just "annoying" but positively dangerous - if one of those fireworks hit a kid in a pram perhaps you would show less sympathy for the little idiots.

What I want to know is, where the hell they buy them from?
Thursday 11 October 2007 7.12am
It's not that I have sympathy with them. I think that it sounds awful and I wish they would stop. Someone needs to do something, or, as you say, somebody might get hurt. But I do not wish them the sort of injuries that would result from a firework going off in their pocket. That's all.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: