The Rose - Late night drinking and jukebox

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 11 October 2007 5.11pm
Does anyone else ever go to the Rose for a late night drink on a Fri or Sat? Just wondered what other peoples views are on this place.

To me I think it's a great place, the lighting is spot on, not too bright like other places. There is a good mix of ages of drinkers in there. And the jukebox...well I have to say I have never come across a better Jukebox in London.
Sunday 14 October 2007 8.44pm
Never been for a late-night drink there (what time is it open until?), as such, but it is one of my favourite pubs. Although one I only go in autumn and winter - when it becomes a cosy little bolt-hole. It's not really a summer pub, is it? Unless the summer in question is summer 2007, of course...
Sunday 14 October 2007 11.21pm
It's wicked. A few too many flatheads sometimes, though.
Monday 15 October 2007 9.27am
??flatheads??

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 15 October 2007 6.32pm
The Hutch wrote:
To me I think it's a great place, the lighting is spot on, not too bright like other places. There is a good mix of ages of drinkers in there. And the jukebox...well I have to say I have never come across a better Jukebox in London.

My views exactly, a very pleasant and friendly late night drinking den indeed and the jukebox is indeed awesome. When the weather's cold, a late night spent chilling on the sofa next to the fire takes some beating, and it never seems to close!

The only negative thing I can say about The Rose is that my visits there inevitably coincide with a sore head the following day ;-) I will doubtless be in there after The Rakes gig at SE1 in a few weeks!
Monday 15 October 2007 10.54pm
A flathead is a Russian gangster.

The "gangsters" in The Rose are very small fry indeed and would love a piece of the Russian action. Nevertheless, I've become embroiled in a couple of VERY alarming conversations in there with gents who thought they were characters in a Guy Ritchie film.
Tuesday 16 October 2007 1.02pm
Ah. Thank you. Do you know why they're called that, or am I being stupid?

Wednesday 17 October 2007 5.04pm
I have no idea where it comes from, but had assumed it was meant to imply brainlessness.
Wednesday 17 October 2007 6.42pm
Ah. I had a sort of Tom and Jerry hit-in-face-with-frying-pan look in mind.

Tuesday 23 October 2007 4.50pm
The Hutch wrote:
Does anyone else ever go to the Rose for a late night drink on a Fri or Sat? Just wondered what other peoples views are on this place.

Can you tell me where The Rose is? Thanks
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: