Take care in the new water feature at more london

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
jac
Saturday 20 September 2003 7.30pm
Having read the post under the title, Kens blobs- about the new water features at more london, we went down to see what it was all about. Like others I loved the new landscaping and it was great to see kids and adults enjoying a splash in the fountains.
However after about 10 minutes the three kids we had with us (aged 6 to 11) all had cuts on thier feet. Two minor but one of them whos foot had got stuck in the hole that the water squirts from, had a cut that was so deep that it was nessesary to take him off to guys for treatment. He can not put any weight on his foot for two days and can not take part in any sports for two weeks. A high price to pay for a few minutes fun splashing in the water.
Sunday 21 September 2003 11.44am
Jac

Sounds nasty - hope that he makes a quick recovery.

Strongly suggest that you report this to Southwark's building control team - details from Southwark website below.

Dangerous Structures

Description

Building Control is responsible for dealing with dangerous buildings and structures. We respond quickly to emergency cases to ensure that the structure or building is made safe immediately.

Where a building is considered less dangerous, the owner will be given the chance to make the building safe. If the owner doesn't carry out work to make the building safe, we may carry out the work ourselves and recover the cost from the owner.

If you see a building or structure that is not safe, please report it immediately using the contact details below.

Opening hours: Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm

External telephone: 020 7525 5555
Emergency telephone: 020 7525 5000

External email: building.control@southwark.gov.uk

Fax : 020 7525 5575

Department: Building Control Services (Environment & Leisure)
Department head Bob Jones

Address
Chiltern House
Portland St
London SE17 2ES
jac
Sunday 21 September 2003 11.48pm
Thanks for the info.

I was going to report it tomorrow (monday) but wasn't quite sure who to report it too. You have proberbly saved me a lot of time and agro.

It never fails to amaze me how quickly kids recover, wilst he is still limping he also twisted his ankle pulling it out of the hole, my son is fine and rather "proud" of his his bandage. But is a bit grumpy cos it still hurts. whi can blame him!
jac
Friday 26 September 2003 9.34am
Just an update.

I reported the incident to the number above. As always when dealing with the council it wasn't that straight forward. Fountains do not count as a structure! None the less they were helpful and passed me on to the health and safety exeuctive who said it was the local authorities responsibility. but they did put me onto a accident report service who then pass it on to the relavent people.

Tuesday I walked down to More London and reported it to the management company. I had to put the details in writing which I then emailed to the them I recieved a telephone call within an hour of my email with apologies, they passed on my letter to More London themsleves who have also contacted me, offerred their apologies and ensured me that they are looking to see what can be down about the problem as a matter of urgency. They have also said they would keep me informed of any action they take. Seems fair to me.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: