Helicopters!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 13 October 2007 11.14am
Every Saturday morning for the last 3/4 weeks we have had a large, low flying helicopter flying circles over Metro Central Heights and Rockingham Street. I have to say it's really quite loud and low. Does anyone know what's happening?
Zoe
Saturday 13 October 2007 8.23pm
Is it the yellow one?
Sunday 14 October 2007 5.47pm
I think it's black with some markings on the side and a wide tail that looks like an E on its side. I'm mainly under it so it's hard to tell.
jh
Monday 15 October 2007 9.23am
There seem to be a lot of choppers flying over the northern part of the borough these days....it certainly has increased over the last few years...and at very unsocial times too. Occasionally it is the air ambulance, but the majority of times it seems not to be. The police sometimes fly over, but I think the majority are private. Are there no noise/nuisance restrictions. It is bad enough with the aircraft noise, decelerating, from around 6am without these too.
Monday 15 October 2007 9.29am
They've been flying over us at the Elephant on a Sunday for years. Really irritating and intrusive. We assume that they're police choppers looking out for drug dealers or something, but if so they can't be very effective! If anyone finds out who they are please share.
Monday 15 October 2007 10.03am
If it's this one ( http://tinyurl.com/29h56a ) then it is the police helicopter (I saw it this weekend again too).

I cant say I have a problem with the police helicopter at all. But there has been an increase in helicopter flights in general, see the London Assembly report:

http://tinyurl.com/2hbln7
Monday 15 October 2007 10.51am
Ther was a police open day just of Lambeth Road, with lots of police vehicles parked in our street. In their explanatory letter to locval residents they said that a police helicopter might fly past.
Monday 15 October 2007 1.59pm
The yellow and black one is buzzing around Elephant right now

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: