Clapton Buildings, Webber Row

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 13 October 2007 10.39am
I am interested to hear from anyone with knowledge of Clapton Buildings Webber Row.
Particularly around 1926 onwards.
Names being researched are william cleary, david and florence hearne nee bennett.
Also does anyone know where I could find old photographs of the mentioned area.
Thankyou very much.
Monday 15 October 2007 8.25am
Hi William, have you tried the Southwark Local History Library?
Saturday 6 December 2008 7.23pm
Sorry if I'm a bit late but have only just found this forum. I lived in Clapton Buildings 10a from a child in the early 50s unti I married in 1971, I to have been looking for old photos of the area, I have one of me and my cousin sitting on the pavement outside Clapton Buildings but does no show much, could supply a copy.
Sunday 7 December 2008 7.26am
Hello Dickie thanks for the reply and kind offer can you pm me so we can arrange something?

Sincere Regards,
William.
Saturday 28 February 2015 9.57pm
hi bill
I lived in delarch bldgs. from 1940-1959 and did the paper run for five years around the area 1946-51
both ends of street on Clapton bldgs side were dairys the waterloo end was blackmans and the webber st end was jones a welsh guy. just round the corner was Clifton the paper shop whom I did the paper run for owned by alf saunders who married Josie Clifton. I remember Clapton bldgs. you had to go through the basement to get out back in the yard , always dark and scary to us kids. the pub the angel wasat the end of the street with valentines way the alley at the side if I can help with memories please get in touch
Thursday 26 March 2015 7.32pm
I lived in Clapton Buildings from whhen I was born in 1943 until 1958 and I found this forum because I was also looking for old photos of Clapton Buildings. They belonged to Peabody Trust so maybe they have some photos

Regards

Toni Cooper
nee Crowe

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: