brand new built in double oven for sell

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 14 October 2007 7.02pm
Hi,
About two weeks ago, I bought a built-in stainless steel double oven, not realising that there was not enough space in the kitchen. Paid 336 pounds and would sell for 240. It has not been unpacked. Anyone interested? Make: Indesit.
Sunday 14 October 2007 8.19pm
Can't you just take it back?
Monday 15 October 2007 11.05am
Unfortunately no, due to the 7 day store policy (note in the term and conditions policy which I've ticked the box without reading it!)
Monday 15 October 2007 11.34am
Why doesn't it fit. Too wide or too tall?

The reason I ask is that I bought a double oven for a rental property not realising that the space was for what was effectively a double sized oven whereas the double oven I bought was much shorter and designed to fit under a counter. I put the oven in and boarded up the rest of the space, but it has irriateted me ever since.

That said stainless steel would probably not go with the 80's wood trim units which seem to be bearing up well.
Monday 15 October 2007 12.02pm
the size is standard built in double oven which was going to be fitted inside a Bravad free standing unit from Ikea (which I still have it) however, since making the purchase I realise I could instead buy a microwave combi and stick on a wall thus freeing the space to something else!
Zoe
Monday 15 October 2007 7.39pm
You could tell them it's not working, and get a refund that way.
Tuesday 16 October 2007 7.56am
I did that years ago with a rotary iron in a moment of financial stupidity spent 70 pounds on one. realised it took ages to iron one article and it had gone past the 7 day thingy, told them it was dangerous, got a complete refund!
Tuesday 16 October 2007 2.29pm
Yes, tried the excuse of 'the oven is not working!' their reply 'we will replace it with another one next week'!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: