BT FON Wi - Fi community in SE1?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 16 October 2007 12.20am
I would like if Southwark became a wifi hotspot - with wifi available everywhere.

But until that happens we can use our BT broadband at home / work and allow others to use a small portion of it in a secure 'protected' way.

When you 'opt in' BT FON then let you use the bandwith from everyone else, and their own BT Openzone hotspots for free.

Let's make SE1 a wifi nirvana !

Kevin
Tuesday 16 October 2007 9.20am
It would be great to make SE1/Southwark a Wi-Fi hot spot, but, like a lot of people, I am not on BT.
Tuesday 16 October 2007 12.34pm
carmenes82 wrote:
It would be great to make SE1/Southwark a Wi-Fi hot spot, but, like a lot of people, I am not on BT.

I don't think you need to be on BT? Could be wrong. I have a FON provided router which I have used before and am thinking of puting it back on line now. Would be great to have unviersal Wi-Fi coverage over SE1. Could get rid of my landline at last!
Tuesday 16 October 2007 12.57pm
Looking at the BT FON web site, it looks as though you do have to be on BT. If anyone not on BT is able to set this up, please let me know and I'll get on to it.
Tuesday 16 October 2007 1.07pm
Try looking at the main FON website: http://www.fon.com/en/

The BT information just relates to the recently announced deal between FON and BT.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: