Mail delivery, post-strike

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Wednesday 17 October 2007 5.48pm
I'm seeing very little evidence of the backlog being cleared. Items I should have received 12 days ago are still not with me. What's other people's experience, and is there anything I can do about it?
Wednesday 17 October 2007 5.49pm
I've had bits and pieces turning up, but not everything I was expecting. Letters received yesterday were dated the 10th October. I think it's just a case of holding tight and waiting for the Post Office to sort things out.
Wednesday 17 October 2007 5.55pm
Experience suggests that sorting things out is not their forte!
Wednesday 17 October 2007 5.56pm
My experience is the same. Received very little of the mail I expect to have been caught up in the backlog so far this week.

Today I received a couple of things franked on 16th as well as a magazine which I would normally have received on 5th October.

As Carmenes82 says, I think its a case of sitting tight. I would expect delayed items to arrive sporadically over the next week or so.
Wednesday 17 October 2007 7.41pm
I've just got a parking ticket
'notice to owner' which offers 'reduced rate' payment window, predictably the 14th days is fast approaching......
Also;
I heard that, if a driver is flashed for speeding, the summons has to be served within 14 days of the alleged offence, and it would be easy to appeal on the grounds that it never arrived, or arrived on the4 15th day.
Thursday 18 October 2007 11.03am
We've had to wait for nearly 2 weeks for new DVDs from lovefilm - do you reckon I could apply to the Royal Mail for compensation for the two weeks I've had to pay without films?!!
Thursday 18 October 2007 12.16pm
No rental movies, no magazines and periodicals, none of the books I've recently ordered, no time-sensitive correspondence relating to work, no bills, and no one to chase for action!
Thursday 18 October 2007 1.32pm
It is not only us in London having the problems with the deliveries which were due last week and before that. I sent few packages 8th of October by recorded delivery as I sold few items on Ebay and the buyers keep bombarding me with emails about non-delivery. It seems that Roayal mail caused me few negatives in my feedback.
Thursday 18 October 2007 2.10pm
Our post is dribbling in slowly - but, then, was it ever thus! SE1 has a very rough time and has done for years.

When the 'service' [sic] is working, supposedly 'properly', delivery times are often closer to 3pm or even 4pm. Our mail is evidently delivered 'on overtime' - we do not have a regular postman, even after 2.5yrs of living here.

The postman cannot even be bothered to put the mail into each box, so that it is within the locked box. What's the point of having locked boxes!! I could have helped myself to a few DVDs today.

And now we learn that Sunday and Bank Holiday collections are to cease at the end of this month!

If I was the Queen, I'd have the Royal removed!! :-)
jh
Thursday 18 October 2007 2.55pm
Postal Services in SE1 have been poor for years, at least the 12 years I have lived here....the strike has just emphasised that. I found a whole sack of mail left in the looby of the building I live in 1 day....obviously the postman couldn't be bothered to do anything with it. I took it back to Mandela Way and was almost abused for complaining about what had happened. Between missing credit cards, lost cd/dvd's, and all sorts of other things which seem to go "missing" I have arranged for most of my post to come to me at work these days. And the reason for all this....working practices at Royal Mail being brought into line with what the rest of us have to live with.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: