Is it a Banksy?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 19 October 2007 8.04pm
Just walked round by Southwark Cathedral under London Bridge by The Mughouse and there appears to be a Banksy bit of art. I couldn't see if it was signed as there was a van in the way. It looked a bit messy to be one of his. Has anyone else seen it?

Related news & features

Friday 19 October 2007 8.35pm
I saw it being done last Sunday afternoon.

Unless the elusive Bansky is a tall black woman with an afro, which I don't think he is, then it's not a Banksy.

Don't think he's round these parts as much as he used to be. Commands too much!
AD
Tuesday 26 February 2008 10.17pm
There's a cracking bit of graffiti on Mill Street, by the house boats on the Thames. I'm into street art, especially paintings of characters, and this seems to be the genuine Banksy article.
I hope someone doesn't try and steal it, as it's painted on the river wall, which obviously acted as a flood defense prior to becoming an urban gallery.
Wednesday 27 February 2008 11.15am
Reader Patrick Collins emailed an image of the Bermondsey Wall West work to me the other day:

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
AD
Wednesday 27 February 2008 11.41am
The painting has been white washed over ):
Saturday 1 March 2008 12.38pm
Here's another picture taken yesterday morning by Patrick Collins:

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 1 March 2008 2.40pm
Gosh what's the MATTER with people. Ruddy vandals.
Sunday 2 March 2008 11.40am
Can I ask what he has on the end of the fishing line? Street art by its nature is temporary, the pleasure is in having seen it prior to removal and evermore knowing it existed once removed.
Sunday 2 March 2008 11.53am
Looks like a syringe to me.
Sunday 2 March 2008 7.13pm
Tolstoy wrote:
Street art by its nature is temporary
If only it was. There's so much bad stuff around. Yet a (possible) Banksy appears and it's whitewashed within days. Most of the street art you see is the equivalent of a cat marking its territory.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: