Instant business cards

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Bloggie Saturday 20 October 2007 12.07pm
Hi All,

You know when you see things in certain places for years and then you actually want to find one, you realise that you haven't seen them for a long while, doh.
Anybody know the (hopefully local ish) location of any of those instant business card machines, the ones that used to be in every train/tube station and post office?

Advertisement

James Hatts Saturday 20 October 2007 12.41pm
As of July there was a machine at the Elephant & Castle Shopping Centre -

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/74622

Editor of the London SE1 website and SE1 Direct newsletter
Andrew H Saturday 20 October 2007 5.13pm
It's still there, but it ran out of cards in the middle of printing mine back in August, and has still not been fixed. The woman ahead of me was printing hundreds of Christian cards to litter the buses of South East London.
Bloggie Monday 22 October 2007 11.12am
thank you james and andrew.
I will investigate at lunchtime :->
Bloggie Thursday 25 October 2007 4.28pm
thank you both very very much. I checked this out and they actually have two machines and printed off some nice cards. much better than my own printer could!
TAK Thursday 25 October 2007 5.14pm
I got mine done at Vistaprint about a year ago. If you're not in a hurry they
can be very unexpensive - and if you don't mind their logo at the back of each card it gets even cheaper or nearly for free.
bmovie Thursday 25 October 2007 5.21pm
If you have a reasonable printer you can do them youselves using Microsoft office or Works templates. The material is available at Staples or Rymans
christianna Monday 29 October 2007 11.00am
Vistaprint gets a second from me! Brilliant-choose your own design, put in the text just as you want it and hey presto in the post within two weeks max even sooner.Loads of freebies-just pay for the postage which is minimal.
www.vistaprint.co.uk
Sorry if this appears to be advertising but I am just a happy customer who has used this site for 7 yrs now. They also do mini rubber stamps which can have your address details on it -very useful when you have to fill in your details anywhere in shops etc. Keep mine in my handbag at all times. Had moving cards printed too.

Christianna
Bloggie Wednesday 31 October 2007 11.31am
well, I'm a bit worried about using vistaprint as one, don't want their logo on the back of business cards and two, heard on moneysavingexpert, a few remarks about the billing company they use taking multiple amounts from your payment card by mistake and customers had to individually point this out and fight for refunds.
The cards I have printed off my printer are not good enough as the (correct) card printing paper is never thick enough for a decent (but cheap) card.
Laphroaig Sunday 1 March 2009 11.39am
Does anyone know whether this machine is still at Elephant and Castle? I need to get some business cards printed in the next couple of days. A recommendation for a local print would also be good.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions