Bermondsey St Water Works

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 21 October 2007 10.19am
Why have they opened up Bermondsey Street when Thames Water have clearly not finished yet?

Whenever a car drives over the metal plates placed on the road surface, it makes a hell of a noise. So much so I've been wakened by the clunking thud many times over last night and undoubtedly it will be same again tonight.

Proir to the works commencing, local residents were given phone numbers inc mobiles to call in the event of a problem. Needless to say all you get when calling is a recorded message.

Don't know if I can stand another night of this!

Mrs Erniebug
Wednesday 24 October 2007 10.05pm
Whilst thinking about Bermondsey Street surfaces, I've heard that there are to be meetings this Friday and Saturday about paving over B. Street, in B.Street. Run by the Council. Trouble is I don't know where and I don't know when.
Sounds like a song but can anybody tell me if this is just a rumour?
Thursday 25 October 2007 2.24pm
arnie,

The Council has meetings tonight (Thursday 25th October 2007) and Saturday (27th October 2007)to discuss proposals for Bermondsey Street traffic etc generated from a walk-about ealier this year with residents and local businesses (which was held, unhelpfully, around midday on a Wednesday, if I recall).

Both meetings are at the Central Hall, 256 Bermondsey Street (near Decima Street and TBR), tonight's is from 7pm-9pm and Saturday's is from 11am-2pm.

My view is that pedestrianisation would be extremely undesirable (all night football games when the pubs turn out), but that the heavy vehicles should be prohibited (dangerous for pedestrians and a timber-shaking noise nuisance) in such a narrow street.

I hope that you can come along to the meetings and express your view - it will carry more weight there than on this forum !
Thursday 25 October 2007 6.46pm
Many thanks Ciety Slicker, actually had leaflets through the door this morning. Hope to make one or other of the meetings....you've got some good points about pedestrianisation. Arnie.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: