Tell me about this forum!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Sunday 21 October 2007 5.17pm
Hello,

don't suppose somebody could tell me why they enjoy using this forum.

if there was an actual place users of the SE1 forum could go to, to meet and discuss issues with other bloggers in person, would you like to go?

as part of my course, we are investigating Hibernia Wharf opposite the cathedral as a site for such a place.

do any of you have any ideas? what do you think would make a good building where bloggers could meet?

cheers
Sunday 21 October 2007 6.04pm
Pubs make good places to meet, especially since the smoking ban has made them more accessible.

This forum works because nobody has to make a commitment to take some time out, they can just dip in and out when they please.
Sunday 21 October 2007 7.51pm
We DO meet, in various configurations, when the occasion arises (weddings, christenings, Firework Night, Christma Dinner...book club etc.). And if we dont meet we post.
Sunday 21 October 2007 8.57pm
Say "please", and we might tell you.

...if you press it, they will come.
Sunday 21 October 2007 9.27pm
Surely part of the attraction of the forum is that it doesn't require users to go anywhere?
TAK
Monday 22 October 2007 12.09am
longlaner wrote:
Surely part of the attraction of the forum is that it doesn't require users to go anywhere?

exactley, and everyone at it's own leisure / whenever they have time.
Monday 22 October 2007 4.32am
you get to meet people, without actually 'meeting people'!

nobody knows who we realy are!
Monday 22 October 2007 6.43am
nobody knows who we realy are!

'The Internet: Where men are men, women are men and children are FBI agents.'
Monday 22 October 2007 7.02am
Ivanhoe wrote:
Say "please", and we might tell you.

Exactly what I thought!

And it's a bizarre request anyway as pointed out by other people in the thread anyway.
Monday 22 October 2007 10.32am
Jonathan K wrote:
Exactly what I thought!

And it's a bizarre request anyway as pointed out by other people in the thread anyway.

Well agreed Jonathan. And well pointed out what people had already pointed out. All in all a very constructive post.

I do wish some of you could see how cliquey you're becoming, and how off-putting it is for new posters who aren't part of your coterie. Why round on someone trying to do something positive (even if for you the thought of meeting other people is 'bizarre')? As for bad manners, the original post uses a conversational style which I'd have thought was perfectly in keeping with the medium - 'don't suppose' is your 'please' by proxy.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: