Joy Store, SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 22 October 2007 8.51am
Went to the Tate Modern on Sunday to see the crack and stumbled across a new shop called 'Joy' next to Amano (just behind the Tate). For those who like Cockfighter on B St. and similar, it's well worth a visit. Lots of cool clothes for ladies and chaps.

No connection...
Monday 22 October 2007 9.19am
You might have seen the press coverage of the publicity stunt when it opened:

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/2849

I've been in there once or twice. It seems to sell a strange mix of things - quite nice, quirky, classy clothes, and the sort of jokey things you might find in The Gadget Shop.
Monday 22 October 2007 10.48am
It sells a lot of very weird stuff. I can't claim I was impressed.
Monday 22 October 2007 1.45pm
I will investigate, thanks. But if the prices are on par with Cockfighter, I will only window shop!
Monday 22 October 2007 4.35pm
Philpotts24 wrote:
But if the prices are on par with Cockfighter, I will only window shop!

Admit that I haven't been in Cockfighter for over a year but always used to think their stuff was quite reasonably priced.

The "Joy Store" sounds like a good name for a sex shop, and whenever I go past on the RV1 it kind of looks out-of-place and a bit messy compared to the sleek lines of the Blue Fin building which it is part of.
Monday 22 October 2007 6.51pm
Jonathan K - I know what you mean about the name! I was first told about the shop by a colleague who's known for being fairly, ahem, "alternative", and because of that and the name, I was a bit dubious about what sort of shop it was going to be!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: