Mini cab

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 24 October 2007 10.39am
Any suggestions for good / reliable minicab service in SE1? I'm faced with getting to gatwick early on sunday morning (and the trains from London Bridge station are not running this weekend--just out of spite, I think!) What's the typical cost?
Thanks in advance for any advice or recommendations.
Wednesday 24 October 2007 10.42am
Gatwick express?
Wednesday 24 October 2007 10.45am
Express cabs were OK for me recently but I only trusted them to Paddingotn.

2 years ago they were tremendously late for my flatmate who had to go to Heathrow - and did not even phone us. In the end we stood at Bricklayers Arms roundabout for 20 mins desperately trying to hail a black cab!!! so I would suggest them At Your Own Risk
Wednesday 24 October 2007 10.58am
The Mapmaker wrote:
Gatwick express?
yes, certainly...but getting to Victoria in the Sunday pre-bus/tube dawn is the issue as well!
Wednesday 24 October 2007 12.03pm
Addison Lee www.addlee.com are the most reliable I've used. Nice new, clean cars and they text you with the name of the driver and registration plate of the car when they are outside. Not the cheapest, but as with everything you get what you pay for. Gatwick is further than Heathrow from SE1, I guess you'll be looking at around 70-80 pounds?
Wednesday 24 October 2007 12.23pm
Absolutely endorse recommendation for Addison Lee ( and I promise I don't work for them!). One of my chums frequently has to get cabs to airports and has found they come out cheapest every time, even over local firms, plus they never let him down. But pay cash, or they make a charge for using your plastic.
PKM
Wednesday 24 October 2007 12.38pm
I also agree that Addison Lee are very reliable - only thing is they charge a lot for airport runs.
Wednesday 24 October 2007 5.36pm
might be cheaper to stay in a local hotel overnight...
Wednesday 24 October 2007 9.17pm
Colinio wrote:
might be cheaper to stay in a local hotel overnight...

agreed! I think it's mini cab to Victoria & the Gatwick Express... Thanks for the tips, will report back.
Thursday 25 October 2007 1.34pm
Is something definitely happening this weekend? I'm travelling from Gatwick too, but I can't find any information about service interruptions this weekend.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: