Christmas Meal

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 24 October 2007 10.48am
Due to a slightly obsessive edge to our office we're trying to book up our Christmas Meal. Does anyone know or can recommend somewhere nice and not too expensive to go? And maybe anywhere that should be avoided like the plague!

All suggestions gratefully accepted.
Wednesday 24 October 2007 11.35am
Bankside Restaurant, off Southwark Bridge Road near the Tate Modern. It has a website.

no connection but my company is thinking of it too and I have been there personally a few times
Thursday 25 October 2007 12.40pm
I am trying to find somewhere to take all my Pals too - someone suggested Thai Silk just behind Southwark Tube station. Any recommendations for that? we definitely don't want turkey and sausuages
Thursday 25 October 2007 12.45pm
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/restaurants/reviews/534/thai-silk-southwark

James' wonderful site has plenty of details and reviews of local restaurants.

...if you press it, they will come.
SBR
Thursday 25 October 2007 4.19pm
My company is based at London Bridge and we've had good Christmas meals at Bankside and at Baltic, just round the corner from Southwark Tube on Blackfriars Road. Bankside was good value although there was nothing particularly exciting about the food. At Baltic the food was delicious - the only downside is that the bar is very narrow and when it got very busy it was a bit like being on the tube at rush hour only with your G&T shoved into someone's armpit instead of your face!
Thursday 25 October 2007 5.27pm
The Chocolate Menier Factory has got to be an interesting venue if you're looking for atmosphere. Anyone eaten there, as it's on our company's list as a possible venue this year?
Friday 26 October 2007 8.47am
I went to Baltic for an Xmas lunch with work a couple of years ago, it's quite swish (beautiful interior) and the food is unusual as well as tasty, but it ain't cheap.
SBR
Friday 26 October 2007 11.07am
I've been to Menier for dinner once and the food was quite good and its got a good atmosphere we went just for dinner without going to the theatre which meant that it was reasonably quiet (a Friday night, after all the pre-theatre diners had left) but still about 4 other tables full so not too empty. For a Christmas meal I think it would work.

In reference to a seperate thread I also saw Sophie Okonedo having dinner here, so a vague theatrical endorsement!
Monday 29 October 2007 10.55am
The eternal questions about Christmas meals

Have done (and we are about 16-20):
Cantina Vinopolis - excellent and well organised
Brew Wharf (last year) - surprisingly good
Bankside - good
Baltic - excellent

this year we are going to try Arancia but is is a bit out of the way = taxis - another logistical nightmare
another idea that often gets overlooked as a choice and is quite good is La Spezia in the arches at LB station.

Sue

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: