Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 27 January 2002 8.43pm
Help, I need a new boiler and quickly before the winter weather returns. Can anyone recommend an honest reliable plumber/boiler installer in the area? They have to be CORGI registered. I'm also interested in the Green Boiler Scheme, has anyone had any experience with this?
While I'm at it I might as well ask about good and inexpensive carpenters as well to build shelves - I know it is almost a contradiction in terms 'good and inexpensive' but I live in hope!
Wednesday 30 January 2002 5.56pm

Whatever you do, avoid pimlioco plumbers. I was told they would guarantee a price of ~2.2K + VAT for a boiler and installation. In the end I paid half that for a top-end German-made boiler, cash in hand. Get a Vaillant, collect quotes - and avoid Pimlico.

Good luck.
Monday 18 February 2002 9.22am
Have you tried the CORGI website? You can put in the postcode of the area you are in and it will list several registered contractors in your area.

I used Kevin Turner who is listed on this site, under SE1. He was reliable, came around that night, and charged about 50% of the prices I had been quoted earlier that day over the phone.

Good luck.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: