Enis's Cafe, Waterloo Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Sunday 28 October 2007 10.45pm
Does anyone know what the deal is with Enni's Cafe on Waterloo Road, near to Fishcotheque? It doesn't look bad from the outside.... it's quite creatively decorated, posters all over the place, with plenty of friendly yet grammatically unorthodox signs in the windows, but I have never seen anyone in there apart from a couple of lost-looking tourists once. I walk by most days, so I'm starting to wonder why it's so unloved. Anybody ever been?
roy
Sunday 28 October 2007 11.16pm
My partner went there once for breakfast and he was convinces they were aliens , which is a tad unfair. They have an 'unorthodox' approach to signage and need some business advice. Like get a proper sign writer with a grasp of English and Grammar. I do feel for them as it looks like its a couple running it and my heart bleed for them as another day goes by and no one is ever in there.
We should start a save Enni's cafe suggestion box?
Sunday 28 October 2007 11.20pm
Yes, it seems like they are trying really hard but as you say need some advice. Maybe we should all descend en masse one day to cheer them up!
Sunday 28 October 2007 11.50pm
I don't really mind the signs, if it were popular, I expect people (or at least me!) would interpret them as quirky and cool...

what did your partner say the food was like, Roy?
Monday 29 October 2007 9.19am
I think it's called Enis's rather than Enni's.

For a while the sign said Enis's-Jo's but the second bit has been removed.

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/restaurants/info/600/eniss

Whenever I have looked at the menu the prices have seemed rather steep compared to the other independent cafes in the area.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 29 October 2007 11.58am
This place has always been a mystery to me. Some time ago it closed down with a repossession notice on the door, then re-opened after being refurbished to look exactly the same.

Also, does anyone know what it is they advertise on the window, Enis's SOS? Supposedly some miracle concoction! Waiting for a bus there I once looked in the window and in the chiller cabinet were several jars of different shapes and sizes, some empty and some containing what looked a bit like dried herbs with crazy prices on them, like 75! A very strange place. Also seems to have a serving window in the street down the side.
Monday 29 October 2007 12.41pm
It looks really appealing from that pic on the link...
Monday 29 October 2007 1.40pm
It seems we are not the only ones who have been wondering about the curiosity that is Enis's Cafe [sorry for the spelling mistake!]

http://edwinmak.com/?p=260

The blogger managed to take photos of some of the strange, strange signs... apparently there are more inside....

So many questions... no answers.
Monday 29 October 2007 1.55pm
It's possibly a coca-cola viral campaign.
Monday 29 October 2007 2.35pm
btw, the music on the link (in case you can't quite hear it) is "Blue Velvet"...spooky!
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: