No visitor parking in Zone D

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 29 October 2007 12.28pm
Having just moved to the area, I went down to the "parking shop" to get some visitors vouchers to allow tradesmen / friends to come and park near my flat.

when trying to buy the vouchers, I was told that there are no vouchers issuable for zone D. can anyone tell me why this is? as the only response I got was a computer says no type comment.

the only alternative is to buy a one month parking voucher (which you need the car license in advance) at 10 and then each additional one is 30.

this makes getting vouchers for the odd plumber visit and friend coming round with young child, very difficult.

can anyone give me a good reason why zone D and only Zone D is seen as a "no friend visit zone"?
Monday 29 October 2007 1.25pm
I believe that CPZ D hasn't been reviewed for a number of years - and vistor permits have only been introduced in other CPZs in more recent reviews.

A quick search of the forums suggests that Southwark were planning to change this in 2003, but don't appear to have got around to it yet.

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/6272

Anyway there was a CPZ review earlier this year for Zones C1, C2 and D, and the Southwark Council website says that they will be introducing visitor permits when that is concluded. The draft plan is due out "in the autumn".

Zone D review

If you want an update, try the Southwark Council forums here - you will usually get a response from a Council employee.
Monday 29 October 2007 1.30pm
When I lived in a similarly afflicted zone in Islington, I wrote to the local councillor to point out the disparity between zones and it was fixed within weeks.

Can I suggest doing the same if you get no joy from the links above?
Monday 29 October 2007 1.56pm
I went on to Southwark site to comment about this, got very annoyed when they asked my age, which is completely irrevelant, would a question only get a response if i stated i ws 30?
Monday 29 October 2007 4.25pm
People in zone D obviously dont have friends or family who want to visit:) or at least if they do they are not allowed. Although there have been at least two reviews in which we have been promised vistor parkings vouchers in the 15+ years ive been here Im still waiting.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: