Cyclist/lorry collision Tooley St/London Bridge junction Monday morning

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 29 October 2007 1.54pm
Hi, anyone know what happened? I cycled past at about 9.45am to see a while racing bike lying on its side and a large lorry. By the looks of all the police cordons, it was a fatality :-(
Wednesday 31 October 2007 1.06pm
It happened at about 8.30. Did you find out what happened?
Wednesday 31 October 2007 6.19pm
I saw another accident involving a cyclist and a car yesterday on Lower Thames Street, although the police arrived quickly, the ambulance took over 20 minutes to arrive.
Wednesday 31 October 2007 11.00pm
I'm surprised a few have not been killed in the Cut, as a number of them feel that they have right of way against the flow of traffic. In other words they are cycling the wrong way up a one way street.
Thursday 1 November 2007 12.19pm
Since when has the cut been one way?
Thursday 1 November 2007 2.18pm
Since road repair works.
Thursday 1 November 2007 4.17pm
I saw that. It was prett nasty, I was heading West from Tooley St to Southwark St.

We pulled away from the lights together (big 6-wheeler lorry and a few cyclists, all turning left) and when I got under the railway bridge I heard a horrible crunching of metal and looked around to see this guy, well basically on the ground and his legs being ran over by a massive lorry.

The lorry driver jumped out, the cyclist was screaming and flailing and people ran over. Somebody picked up his bike in pieces and I carried on to work.

The cyclist was on the right of the lorry, and the driver didn't see him. It wasn't articulated but it must've clipped him as it was turning.
Thursday 1 November 2007 4.52pm
sounds awful!

as a witness hope you will contact the police, you never know how much that might help!
Saturday 16 February 2008 8.31pm
Poor guy!
About three weekends ago, a cyclist was run over by a lorry at the traffic lights close to the Battersea dogs home. I did not see the fatal accident but the place was swarming with policemen in cars/motorcycles!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: