Firework displays

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Monday 29 October 2007 5.10pm
i see Southwark Council has moved theirs to Greenland Dock - does anyone know of any others being organised in the area that may be a little easier to get to and from?
Monday 29 October 2007 5.17pm
I think Blackheath is worth the trek
Monday 29 October 2007 5.21pm
If you can wait an extra week for your firework fix, the Lord Mayor's Show display is on Saturday 10 November:

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 29 October 2007 5.57pm
Last time I went to Blackheath fireworks I went by train from London Bridge - complete nightmare as more crowded than in the height of rush hour. However, the year before had gone by car and this was worse! Also afterwards there were a few rowdies letting rockets off horizontally into the crowd which was a bit scary as I was with four children under 8. That said the fireworks were amazing.

I have always wanted to go to Lewes - does anyone have any experience of going there from London by train?
Monday 29 October 2007 8.40pm
is that the same lewes where they ask catholics to identify themselves, set fire to them and then eat their children??
Monday 29 October 2007 8.47pm
Yes - sounds rather 'intolerant' when put like that. However, my view is that in the South East at least, Catholics and Protestants are both equally un-oppressed and have been for decades/centuries - therefore a bit of 'historical' burning at the stake is allowable. I am prepared to be corrected...

Anyway the thing that really attracts me is the idea of barrels of burning tar being pushed through the very steep streets of Lewes, and huge bonfires with a range of effigies being burned.
Monday 29 October 2007 9.49pm
James Hatts wrote:
If you can wait an extra week for your firework fix, the Lord Mayor's Show display is on Saturday 10 November:

Agree. Very short but very colourful fireworks and certainly worth waiting for.
Not sure why the Lord Mayor show still exists? It was always one of the worst punishments to have to attend as a spectator, why doesn't the LM just have the fireworks and be done with it?
Tuesday 30 October 2007 12.45pm
Bonfire night is all about setting fire to Roman Catholics anyway.
Tuesday 30 October 2007 1.05pm
I thought it was Roman candles!
Tuesday 30 October 2007 1.53pm
Have you never heard about a gentleman called Guy Fawkes?
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: