Joe's Kitchen - AWFUL

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 5 November 2007 10.22am
DO NOT SPEND YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY THERE! have now tried this place 3 times, on the exterior it has everything going for it. On the inside - dismal food, cold coffees, waitresses who dont speak a word of english and no manager in sight, dirty tables, poor service, chefs shouting from the hatch - all in all a ruined sunday morning for us!
Monday 5 November 2007 1.18pm
Where IS this place?
Monday 5 November 2007 1.36pm
On Marshalsea Road, on the same side and just around the corner from Borough station.
Monday 5 November 2007 1.40pm
I posted here a while back asking for breakfast recommendations, and more than one person tipped Joe's. I've been a few times now. The experiences described above don't tally with mine. It's not brilliant, but I've never had cold coffee, the food hasn't been dismal, and the tables haven't been dirty. Of course I'm not saying steffi79's making it up - just that this experience may not be representative. The chefs do shout, but that hasn't fazed me, and the waitressing is patchy, but not disastrous.
Monday 5 November 2007 1.49pm
It's part of what looks to me like a huge conglomerate - The Restaurant Group:

http://www.trgconcessions.co.uk/contents/home/

who seem to be the Tesco's of the pub-food world.

They have Garfunkles, Est, Giraffe and loads more.
Monday 5 November 2007 6.12pm
its not good there and with such a wide variety of quality eating places nearby it doesnt compare well.
Monday 5 November 2007 9.39pm
We tried to go for breakfast there the other Sunday but walked out two minutes after sitting down because it was blatantly obvious that we weren't going to be served without a long, long wait. I also knew that when the food did arrive it would be stone cold - I felt for the chefs shouting in the kitchen because the food was sitting there waiting for ages to be taken to customers. I felt like writing a letter to their parent company, telling them their manager needs to get more staff in!
Tuesday 6 November 2007 12.49am
terrys cafe on Gt Suffolk St is miles better than my only visit to Joe's. But Terry's is closed on Sun and Bank Hols, sadly for me!

Kevin
Tuesday 6 November 2007 6.49am
beowolf
the parent company are based just upstairs you could have popped up and given some feedback then and there!
agree about the cold breakfasts ...
Wednesday 7 November 2007 9.11am
I've always found Joe's to be good. It's a little pricey but the quality is good.

When they opened they let people who lived nearby have anything on the menu they wanted for free so they sweetened me up from the off.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: