Leathermarket Court?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 6 November 2007 7.17pm
Am thinking of buying a flat here, on the side that looks over Morrocco Street. Just wondered if anyone has any experience of living there, what's it like? Thanks in advance....
Tuesday 6 November 2007 10.14pm
You should be aware that a proposed large building project on the Recall site would impact that side of the Leather Market development. Seach this site for Recall and see what you think.
Wednesday 7 November 2007 8.21am
Previous threads have talked about mouse infestations and shoddy workmanship. However, the location is fantastic and with the huge open centre, it seems to be an unusually spacious and pleasant development. I remember the prices seemed to bound upwards last year - leaping by 50 to 100k each time a new flat went on the market. Make sure they are not over priced in terms of price per square metre.
Wednesday 7 November 2007 9.56am
thanks very much for the info guys
Wednesday 7 November 2007 10.02am
Here is the recent thread about Leathermarket Court:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/77197

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 7 November 2007 12.48pm
Yeah, when I moved into LMC in August 2004 the two-bed flats were being sold for 260,000. When I left in November 2006 some had recently been sold for 420,000! It's great to have your own parking space. It was not so great having regular mice infestations. The area behind the kitchen sink in each flat was not properly blocked off from the foundations and so the mice had an easy time of it getting in - and we were on the second floor!
Wednesday 7 November 2007 3.37pm
hmm, not very encouraging about the mice! I will have to ask about it specifically, thanks
Thursday 8 November 2007 10.41am
I live in a block opposite Leathermarket and the site of the almost continuous overflows up and down Morocco Street is appalling. Clearly there is a problem, but the 'Managing Agent' [Gross Fine] seems as useless as most of them are, these days. Take a look for yourself when next you visit.
Thursday 8 November 2007 1.35pm
I lived in Leathermarket for a year and the biggest problem for me was the noise.

It makes me sound very old and grumpy but there are loads of students living there and, mid-week, they do make a lot of noise when coming back late.
Thursday 8 November 2007 5.41pm
Oh yeah - I'll agree with P Smith. The flats are made of plasterboard predominantly and almost EVERYONE! has laminate or wood floors, so it's noisy. We had carpet, thank God, but I could hear everyone around us. That's when I learned how to sleep with earplugs all night, every night. I still do - but now I have to contend with the E&C roundabout...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network