Suggests for the IMAX Cinema After Gathering

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 9 November 2007 6.23pm
About 10 to 20 of us are going to see a movie at the IMAX in Waterloo on Monday at 6:30pm - after the movie (Called Beowulf) finishes we plan to go to a nearby Bar or Pub for food and drink - and also invite those that couldn't make the cinema to join us there - any suggestions?

I think the Slug & Lettuce would be good at 5 Chicheley Street, London, SE1 7PJ - however it's not listed on their own website - does it still exist?

Does anyone have any other suggestions for somewhere a quick walk from the IMAX?

We expect everyone to be pretty hungry but want somewhere informal and a variety of food choices and reasonable prices and quick service. Even a Wetherspoons pub would be nice or similar setup. As long as it's close to the cinema by foot
Sunday 11 November 2007 3.33pm
DeeLondon wrote:
I think the Slug & Lettuce would be good at 5 Chicheley St, London, SE1 7PJ - however it's not listed on their own website - does it still exist?
It is, and it does, it's just that they call it County Hall branch:

And if it's looking full, there's an All Bar One next door.

(I'm sure somebody will have some more imaginative suggestions, though! Perhaps one of the new places round the Festival Hall?)
Sunday 11 November 2007 7.50pm
The new Benugo Bar & Kitchen in the space formerly occupied by the Museum of the Moving Image has been busy each time I've been to/through the National Film Theatre (or BFI Southbank as BFI's branding people now demand that we call them).

I've heard some complaints about slow service, but presumably it quitens down once the main feature has started in NFT1 and 2
Sunday 11 November 2007 7.54pm
No that's excellent thanks for the information there's even a 20% off voucher - any idea what time they stop serving food? - I heard it maybe as early as 9pm?
Sunday 11 November 2007 8.11pm
What about Ev? If you came out of the underpass onto the Waterloo Road exit, and went down Roupell Street, you'd be there in about 5 minutes. It has a mix of dishes - mezze style, starters/main courses, bread and dips, lovely puddings, great coffee and a good wine/drinks list - and they are very used to large groups. There is also Jack's bar next door which is good.
Sunday 11 November 2007 11.30pm

Thanks for the suggestion not heard of that place - I'll check it out for future meetup's - I just emailed everyone to say meet us at the Slug & Lettuce which being near the London eye will be easy for people to find - We're meeting there after 8:30pm so hopefully get in before the kitchen closes
Monday 12 November 2007 12.24am
JaneS wrote:
What about Ev? ...

Ev also do a very well priced bar meal offer - lamb or beef steak (thin, but big - very nicely cooked and tender), with chips and salad, and with a glass of red/white/beer included, all for about 8.

(No connection, etc ... )

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: