Leather repairs

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 10 November 2007 3.45pm
The strap has torn off my favourite leather bag, and I'd really like to get it fixed. Can anyone suggest someone good who could do it? I think it's potentially quite a tricky job. Thanks!
Sunday 11 November 2007 8.57pm
Hmm...alas, sorry, havn't a clue where you might take the beloved bag. Indeed I would also be interested to have a recommendation because I have a leather jacket in dire need of a new lining.
Monday 12 November 2007 10.23am
I'm very glad to say that "The Cobblers Nest" which used to be on Borough High Street, has re-opened at the Marshalsea Road end of Redcross Way.
The guy who runs it did a terrific job on a favourite pair of boots which I had worn into the ground and practically re-built them. So he is definitely worth a try. No connection etc
Monday 12 November 2007 11.12am
I'm glad to hear that, Jaybee! I was wondering what had happened to them. The bloke there mended a leather bag for me which two other cobblers had told me was irreparable. They always seemed much more "can-do" than, say, Kehoe's.
Monday 12 November 2007 9.07pm
great--thanks for the tip!
Thursday 28 February 2008 10.24pm
I would just like to add my endorsement of The Cobbler's Nest. The strap on my wife's most favourite bag snapped and, after reading about the shop here on the forum, I thought I'd give him try. It was a great repair, ready a day later and not at all expensive.

No connection etc.etc. just a satisfied customer.
Monday 7 September 2009 10.26am
This is the first time I've posted on this forum. In fact, this is the first time I've ever posted on any forum. But I was so impressed by the Cobblers Nest that I felt I had to write and tell everyone.

The straps on my beloved but old Gucci bag were desperately clinging on to life. I knew that any day could be their last - and I was devastated.

It was then that I stumbled across this post. It gave me hope but I was still apprehensive. I didn't just want a good technical job. I wanted the straps to look good (I'm shallow like that).

So could the Cobblers Nest deliver both?

In a word: ‘yes.'

The join of my new straps is seamless, the straps are well crafted and - huge relief - they also look fantastic. Plus the service was good and the price reasonable.

All in all, I'm delighted. So delighted, in fact, that I've written my first ever post.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: